Monday 11 February 2013

Weigh In Eve and Lovely Noms

Hey Everyone!

I've finally found time to sit and relax and to have a little natter with you all. 

First of all thanks for everyone who has liked my Facebook page- it's great to do mini updates and hopefully you'll all get involved too- keep me company there- it's not just my weight loss journey after all!! If you haven't liked the page already- check out "fat flutterby" on facebook or click the link on the bottom of the blog!

Anyway so I had a lovely time visiting my Uncle at the weekend. We had a couple of trips out. One of which was Whitby. It's a beautiful place- lots of hills and stairs! We walked up the "199 steps" to a little church. The view was fantastic- even though the weather was a bit miserable. I got to the top of the steps- not even out of breath and the thought hit me. "I would definitely not have been able to do this 2 years ago!" Sometimes the thought of gratitude and realising how far I have come comes to me. 

I've been thinking of how I've been feeling lately. Being out of control and a bit down on myself. When I'm in that head-space I forget how far I've actually come. I don't remember about the things that I couldn't do 2 years ago that I can now. Like walking, enjoying the fresh air. Walking up stairs- be it 15 or 199- I struggled with a couple of steps at one time- now I can run up 2 at a time with more or less no effort.

Even things like being able to get in and out of the bath without any problems.


Now that I can see how far I've come- I'm a grateful flutterby. I am not perfect- I never will be. But I am a trier. I try my best. I may stumble every so often. I may say or do the wrong things. But I am a good person. I have come so far since I started losing weight- not just physically but emotionally. I have a long, long way to go but that is ok. I love learning so I'd hate to have learned everything that I need to learn!

So I say to anyone struggling that is reading this- just keep trying. Get up in the morning and ask yourself "what can I do today to better myself?". Whether it's exercising a bit longer, eating a bit healthier or just trying to keep a more positive attitude- try your best every day and things will work out! I know these things!

Anyway- enough of the philosophical stuff- on to the food! Heehee.

I've tried a few things lately. But today I had something simple- chicken wrapped in bacon. Usually I use Philadelphia Light as part of my HEA but I decided that I wanted milk instead and I didn't want to spend my syns on cheese. SO! I thought "hmm- let's get the quark out"

Now- you guys- I hope you know what Quark is- because it's pretty awesome and best of all SYN FREE! It's a fat free soft cheese and it's so versatile. You can use it for sweet and savoury dishes.

Tip though- never ever ever ever eat it on it's own- unless you like the taste of NOTHING!! It just tastes bland on it's own so have it with something- be it sweetener and hot chocolate to make a cheesecake or tasty herby things to make a savoury sauce!


So- here is my chicken wrapped in bacon!

You need:
2x chicken breasts
4x rashers bacon- fat removed
60g quark
couple splashes Worcestershire sauce
garlic and cajun chicken spices (to taste)

1) Mix the quark, garlic, spices and worcestershire sauce together (if you don't like any of these use any herbs you like- mixed herbs, chilli powder, anything!)
2) Slice the chicken horizontally but not completely slicing in half- so there is a little "pouch"
3) Stuff the breast with a spoon of the quark mixture
4) Wrap 2 rashers of bacon around the the chicken.
5) Wrap in foil, place on a tray and bake in the oven on gas mark 6 for approximately 30-40 minutes.
6) 5 minutes before serving open up the foil and put back in the oven to crisp up the bacon a bit.


Voila! Tasty meal! I made up a low fat Supernoodles (syn free if it's the low fat variety!) and served my chicken up with the noodles and a tasty salad.

If you don't have a huge appetite then 1 breast will be more than enough!


Anyway- so I'm looking forward to weigh in tomorrow evening- it's only been a 5 day week but I've been in control- that's all that matters to me- I hope to lose some of the big gain- but any loss will be good! The most important thing is that my eating is back to normal, I'm on plan and I'm in control!!

Tomorrow is pancake day so I'm planning on making some low-syn pancakes! If they work out then I might just have a recipe for you all!

Much Love,
Tanya x


Fat Flutterby on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment