Wednesday 4 September 2019

Refresh week 1- goals and cooking!

Hi! So it's been 6 days since my last post and I have really worked hard at keeping motivated.

I have been the queen of lists! People who actually know me probably know of my love of "to do" lists. I have incorporated that to not just do daily but I have some goals to achieve by the end of the week, and end of month.

3 of my goals for the week were:

* Go grocery shopping

* Cook at least 1 meal
* Research old recipes from my Slimming World days.

So on Tuesday, I wandered around the local supermarket (yes, with a list!) and bought a lot of stuff. I had decided that this week I was going to make an old staple of mine- syn free quiches! 




They are currently in the oven, and since I haven't cooked a proper thing in a while, I'm a little nervous! But we shall see! I tweaked it a bit to add some cheese (40g to be exact) so that makes my quiches from syn-free to about 1/2-1 syn each (I'm making about 15 quiches and 40g cheese is 9 syns if i remember correctly)

I also have plans to make Fajitas (not syn-free but a healthy -and cheaper- alternative to eating out!) on Friday (Fabulous Fajita Friday, if you please!)

One thing I want to incorporate is exercise. Lately, my partner, a friend and I have been going swimming at my Mother-in-law's apartment complex. Sadly the pool will be out of action for a while, but my friend and I plan on hitting the gym. I have to remember that I am not as fit as I used to be, so I need to take it slow. But I'm happy to get some activity in!

I have committed to weighing myself only once a month (eek!) so I won't know the progress for another 26 days. Not that I'm counting or anything. I have come to realise that my weight loss is a physical consequence of eating well. One thing that became my downfall was becoming obsessed with the number on the scale. How many times did I post on here that I was disappointed with like a 2-3lb loss? There were weeks where I tended to under-eat or over-exercise to scramble to a good weight loss- especially after a binge night post-weigh in. 

This time is a bit different. I'm focusing more on the emotional aspect. Of course, I want to be a normal weight/size. But, if I want to be healthy for the rest of my life (a day at a time!) then I have to remember that my weight is not the be-all and end-all.

I have to work on being patient. Haha- but I want to be patient now!!!!

Anyway- I'm happy to be back into this thing. Hopefully I will read back on this next year and rather than think "I'm exactly where I was last year" I'll think "wow, I'm really glad I started getting back on track when I did" 


Until next time,

Much love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment