Friday 9 November 2012

Oh Look Who It Is!!!

Hellooooooooooooooo!

I'm blowing the cobwebs off this thing and doing a well overdue post!

Hi guys- did you miss me? I totally know you did!!!

So a lot has happened since my last post! 

My holiday was great- the weather was nice and warm, bit cloudy and windy but still averaged 26+ degrees- and I managed to get myself a nice little tan- for the first time in a looooooong time!!!

I ate well, drank a lot of diet coke and water- but after the 3rd day I got a case of Lanzarote belly (I really feel bad that I was that ill I was a touch- a lot- "dramatic" but I don't cope well with being ill!) So I just had Jam on toast for 1 meal, which is what I always had when I was ill as a kid- then I found the pastries and pizza....and burgers......it was a massacre!!!

But when I was behaving, the food was nice

I always made sure that I still had my superfree food on the plate-there was a great selection of salads and veggies so I never went without.

Once I found the pastries though, that was it! I was like a woman possessed!

I did have a good time though, and loved spending some quality time with Chris.

I managed to conquer the nerves and wear a bikini too! That was a big hurdle for me since my body image still isn't fantastic, but I survived! No one cringed, screamed, gouged their eyes out with blunt impliments!

I even managed a picture with the bikini on! But I have decided to keep it tame and just show one of the snaps from when we went out for the morning to the local beach!


Proof that I was indeed there!!

I even met a lovely family a couple of days before leaving, so I had a laugh with them, a little dance, late night natters, etc. It was great!

I was sad to leave, but looking forward to get home at the same time- I knew I had a fresh start with work and I was eager to get started with that!

So yes- work! I am officially a "personal shopper" in the Home Shopping department at Asda Liscard!

We did our training in Warrington for a couple of weeks, they had been doing Home Shopping for years- so they were like a well oiled machine. I learnt a lot from them- got a lot of experience and I thought it was great fun (even though I am still getting used to the early starts!)

We went live on Halloween. A few of us dressed up for the occasion- since I don't do halloweeny things, I just went to work in my new Eeyore onesie (that I am sporting now, funnily enough!) I got a lot of smiles- a few of the little kids who were there loved it, some even came to say hello! It was lovely.

The first shift went reasonably well- considering we apparently now hold the record for the most amount of orders in a first day EVER! We're just that awesome!

It's getting easier now we're getting into the swing of it!

There was a little incident last Sunday where I had a dizzy spell and banged my head quite bad on a metal beam- I was sent home- went the walk in centre that evening and the doctor said I had concussion. It's only been today really that I've started to feel more myself! Thank goodness I'm over most of it at least! But I have been in work all week- because I really didn't want to miss out on the hours- and I actually really enjoy my job!!

Now- weight wise- since this is my weight loss blog- might as well mention it!

When I got back off my holiday I gained 8lb. I food optimised to the MAX that week and stepped on the scales a week later- 8lb lighter! So lost my holiday gain in a week- happy days!

That week though, I struggled- big time. I couldn't stop eating rubbish- it was as though I was back to 23 stone. I got a big pep talk off Caz and I managed to get over the worst of it. The following Tuesday, however, I made a conscious decision not to get weighed- which was a first for me. My scales were saying an 8lb gain- again- and I just couldn't face the scales. I was 100% on plan though.

So the week after I got weighed- official result- 4lb gain (or according to my scales a 4lb loss- are you keeping up?) I was still determined and stuck to plan 100% because I had my week's grace- I was 2lb out of my target range- I had to lose that otherwise I was paying!

Caz was visiting the week after that- doing talks on the Monday and Tuesday. I got weighed at the group she was doing the talk at on the Tuesday- a Birkenhead group. The scales weighed me at 5lb lighter! That actually took me to my true target weight of 12st 6lb. I was over the moon!

This takes us to last week. I was 100% again, hoping to lose 1-2lb to get more comfortably into my target range. I stood on the scales on Tuesday- 1lb off. This is the lightest I've been for the best part of 2 months so I am happy. I did overdo the "treats" on Tuesday, however! But Wednesday-onwards (ok it's only Friday, buuuuuuut.....) I have been back on plan. I even went for a meal with Chris on Wednesday and stuck to plan.

I am now determined to stay back on track. I am considering changing my target after Christmas, so need to gain that control back and KEEP IT!!!

I've missed blogging- I forgot how good it is to get it all out and have a chat with you guys!!

I'm planning on getting back into it- back to recipes, motivation and inspiration!

This blog is nearly at 20,000 page views- it's crazy!

Ok it's time for bed- I'm not used to being up so late! 

Much Love,
Tanya x

2 comments:

  1. I always like to say, holidays are what diets are for - it's just having the strength to go back to being well behaved that a lot of people lose, but you've done fabulously. I'm so pleased for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Congratulations on your weight loss! My name is Jemimah Wright and I am a feature writer for the national media. I write features for women’s magazines such as Marie Claire, Bella and Best as well as for the features sections of national newspapers. I work to ensure the welfare of the people who are good enough to entrust me with their stories and experiences.

    I wondered if you would be willing to talk to me about your story with the aim of writing a feature in a women’s magazine? Please rest assured that if you do decide to go ahead, everything would be treated with the utmost care and sensitivity. You would remain in control of the procedure throughout and I would not do anything without your prior agreement.

    I am sure money is the last thing on your mind, but it is my duty to inform you that you would be paid a fee for your time in talking to me on publication in a women’s magazine.

    If at any point you feel you might be interested please don’t hesitate to email jemimah@wrightfeatures.co.uk and I can answer any questions you have. I must stress that this does not put you under any obligation to do a feature.

    Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. Whatever your decision may be, can I take this opportunity to wish you and your family all the best for the future.

    Kind regards,

    Jemimah

    ReplyDelete