Tuesday 25 December 2012

Being out of control and back to basics!

Hi guys- it seems like I gave up on this just a touch since getting to target, haven't I? I wish I hadn't because maybe I wouldn't be where I am...

Officially- on the Slimming World system, I weigh 12 stone 3lb, which is 3lb under my target weight- yay- how awesome is that, right?

The thing is, that was 2 weeks ago- and straight after that, I lost control. Tanya went back into what I call "fat mode"- eating exactly like I did when I was 23 stone. Sneaky chocolates, bread and butter, pizza, curry, chips....yes, the odd healthy meal and fat free yoghurts but the plan hasn't been around much for the last 2 weeks. So much so that, again, I didn't get weighed. I could use the fact that I was travelling home from Southport and was going straight to a meal with friends, but really, I should have made the effort to get weighed, because that is *my* time.

I did still go to group, like I do every week and I took the money for the 7pm group.


But my control has just not been there. For a couple of days I was perfect, but My heart was just not in it. And I could *feel* the weight go on. Extra pressure on my joints, less energy, feeling miserable....yet I still found myself eating rubbish.

That, my friends, is what we call insanity.


Anyway. I stood on the scales just before (I know, we're not meant to- not accurate etc) and after a day full of eating crap and stodge- Tanya weighs in at 13st 4 1/2lb. that is over a stone heavier than I was 2 weeks ago. Yes some of it is food weight, some of it is water weight from extra stodge, but it is still extra weight. Weight that I can feel!

So my pledge- and you lot as my witnesses.

Today, Christmas day at 9.33pm I am officially BACK on plan! No more christmas choccies, no more cake, no crisps, biscuits and extra bread with butter.

Everything is back to how it was before I got to target. Everything weighed, measured and planned.


It's easy- There is so much I can have that I don't need to restrict. I'll be planning my meals, back on Extra Easy and that weight WILL be off by the time I get weighed on 2nd January. At the very least I will be back at target- just you watch me!

Caz's new group is 8th January and I want to change my target that week- and have a big loss for her- so she can show off! She'll be putting me through my paces, leafleting, dragging people to join up (only joking!) and carrying stuff. Extra body magic!

I'm planning on doing more walking, might even get back to jogging when my body gets back to normal!

Oh I am so determined! Sod the people who have let me down. Sod the people who have suddenly dropped me because I'm not the big news story anymore. I am Tanya, I have (officially) lost 10 stone 4lb and only one person can take that away from me- me! And I don't plan on doing that!


So lets do this! Right now- not new year, not mid January- right. NOW!

I hope you all help me- and if you're struggling with your weight- why not join me? No time like the present- you are worth the effort. If you make excuses you'll just keep staying still. Change starts with a small step- thats how I started- and that's how I plan on continuing my journey!

Merry Christmas!
Much Love,
Tanya x

5 comments:

  1. I am most definitely with you I have eight and a half stone to lose by this time next year and I am so determined that this is my time! We can do it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for having such determination Tanya. I am officially at target but have pigged out far too much this past couple of weeks and can really feel it now. I really want to lower my target in the New Year and reach it before our holiday at the end of Feb. So, I am definitely with you :) Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya i am with you all the way,I rejoin Jan 8th also so will be officially a s/w member again lol xxx We can do it hun xx <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you taking control back! Having lost 8st 2.5 so far I know it has its ups and downs but you can do it and stuff those that dont support you as you have us :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. Had two close relatives pass away just before Christmas and totally off plan. I need to get back on track for myself. I have a long way to go and am bridesmaid twice next year. Not looking forward to it as I am at the moment. This WILL change.

    ReplyDelete