Wednesday 2 January 2013

Chinese Treat and Starting the Valentine's Challenge

Hey you guys! Had a little break yesterday- I spent a lot of time replying to some lovely inboxes off people, thanks for everyone who sent me a message- it means a lot to know that my blog is helping others- and I genuinely love to hear your stories! So please don't hesitate to inbox me, let me know how you're getting on- I might start turning into an "Agony Aunt Flutterby" heehee. But feel free to say hello Here is my Facebook Page

Anyway- first things first- I'd like to announce that my little brother has been made permanent in his job at Asda! It's a little family affair this- mum, myself and now Niall- we just need to get the stepdad a porter's job and we'll have it made! So well done gimp, so proud of you! (had to announce it- he moans that he doesn't get a mention in my blog often, so thought I'd throw that in there!!)

So the start of the Valentine's Challenge! For those of you who don't know what it is, I made up a little challenge- there are 14 hearts on the page- between now and Valentines day for every pound you lose (if you want to aim for 2lb a week) or every 1/2lb you lose (aiming for 1lb a week) colour in a heart. 

The link is here if you want to check out the picture, just print it off and get started with us! There are 2 people and myself who have taken pictures, so why not join us? Print it off, take a picture with your progress, or even if you're just starting and haven't weighed in yet, I'll put you up here with us!

Here are the "official" challenge participants so far:


Nicola C from South Wales- looking very festive in her hat too!

The lovely Tanya L from Conwy, N Wales
over 5 stone lost so far but is joining us
with the challenge- woohoo!

And of course- lil me! Already started,
colouring in this weeks' loss!
So what are you waiting for? Get a piccy uploaded- come join us! Let's get those hearts filled up in time for Valentines Day!!

So yes- weigh in was tonight- I was hopeful- sticking to plan all week! It was a short week, only 6 days. But that was ok! I was determined and nothing was going to get in my way!

And I stepped on the dreaded black box and it noted a 6 1/2lb weight loss! Fantastic for a short week- well fantastic in general! So happy! I not only got back into my target range (so didn't have to pay!) but I reclaimed my 10 stone award and I'm 1 1/2lb under my target weight! 

Group was great- small but perfectly formed! Got some recipes for pasta and chicken, going to try one or 2 out this week!

I wanted to treat myself to a chicken and black bean sauce from my favourite chippy, but I called them when I left group and they were closed!! But the chinese round the corner from mine was open so thought I'd check it out- not half bad! Had more veggies in it too! yum yum! Weighed it and calculated 9 1/2 syns for the whole lot- definitely worth it!!

I'm in work tomorrow-2 more shifts until 9 whole days off! More time for body magic and hopefully more losses!

So what's the plan weight wise?

Well- I'm 2lb away from being out of target. So I hope to get that when I get weighed in 6 days time. That way the week after I'll change my target. I'm 4 1/2lb away from my 10 1/2 stone award and 5lb away from getting into the next stone bracket- I would love to be there by 15th Jan (Niall's birthday!)

Anyway- I'm going to head off for a cup of tea, maybe even a hot chocolate! I've had 11.5 syns today so enough syns for a hot choc and still be on plan!

Much Love,
Tanya x

2 comments:

  1. well done tanya I am really pleased for you that you got back on track and refocused xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya -
    I found your blog through Karen Mitchell and have read from start to finish! WOW x

    ReplyDelete