Wednesday 30 January 2013

Indecision, Flu and Icky Things!

Hiya Guys- I've been awfully quiet again- my get up and go seemed to have gone on holiday to somewhere warm!! But I am sitting here, waiting for my syn free kebab meat to hurry up and cook and I thought "you know what? I need to do a blog post!"

So last time I was telling you all that I was to change my target. Well....slight change (or maybe not....)

I said at the start that there were 2 people that I trusted to tell me to stop losing if I needed to lose- my Mum and my friend Chris. The reason why I relied on them was because of one thing- it is so hard to see yourself in a true light- especially after a big change. I believe anyone who has lost weight will understand this- I believe we are always the last people to see the change. I remember I lost over 9 stone and was still convinced- as a size 14- that I could still only fit into Evan's clothing. 

The 2 people turned into 3- the third being my shorter, older and sometimes-wiser Twinny, Caz. 

All 3 I trust to be honest when needed- and all 3 told me that I didn't need to lose any more- I looked good and it was time to accept my new body.

Well- of course I made excuses "I have loose skin I need to tone up", "I am still not in the middle of a healthy BMI" "I'm not skinny, just average". The excuses kept going on. I didn't realise I was doing it. Until I was in a meeting. A little voice in my head said "They have all told you to stop, Tanya- it's time to stop". Well- it hit me like a tonne of bricks. That realisation was painful, because- quite frankly, I didn't (and don't) want to stop. 

But I decided to "take it easy" not be so worried about being 100%. I even went to a friend's on Friday and over-nommed on pizza and crisps.

Over the space of 2 weeks I happened to LOSE- 3.5lb. 

That 3.5lb got my my 10 1/2 stone award and I now weigh 11 stone-something. Not exactly the plan but I am happy. I haven't had a sticker or award since July- I've kinda missed it! To top it off I got Slimmer of the Month too with a very respectable 12 1/2lb off in January.

But now I am kinda in limbo- I can set a target now- as I'm over 7lb away from my previous target- or I could gain 4 1/2lb to get back to my original target range. This week I have overdone the food already- tomorrow I have a meal at Red Hot World Buffet with a couple of old uni friends and we all know where that can lead!!! I said that I'd see where I am next week and maybe make a decision...


Who knew maintaining would be so hard? Don't get me wrong- it is worth it- I can do so many things that I couldn't at one time! But I do find it hard every so often.

But I was told that nothing worthwhile was ever easy- how true that is!


Anyway- I have been down with a bad chest infection lately and I've come out of it. I'm off work for 10 days and I have lots planned- including going over to see my Uncle in Middlesborough for a couple of days. I'm going to enjoy myself, relax, recharge my batteries.

There is a lot to natter about but it's already late- I just wanted to touch base. I'll catch up soon, hopefully. I miss blogging! I hope that my get-up-and-go is back now!!!

Much Love,

Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment