Wednesday 7 March 2012

Back Pain and Nice Scales!

The scales were in a really good mood with me on Tuesday! I lost another 4lb!! I was so ecstatic, I think I squeed a bit too loudly, most of the room heard!




That takes my loss to 8stone 5lb! I'm now under 200lb (198lb to be exact) and I am 2lb away from my 8 1/2 stone award as well as only 2.5lb away from getting into the 13's. I would love to get that next week! It would also keep me on track to get to target by my birthday.


Well- the exact date I have to get to target- 8th May. Dad thought that I should get until 1st May (logically I guess that makes sense- it is nearer to my bday after all!) Anyway- we tossed a coin. I won, it's 8th May! It's still a big ask, and I'm hoping that the next few weeks at Asda does help with a few more big losses. It's more of the principle than anything. Dad believed that I couldn't do it (whether he said he thought I could or not- I know he's telling porkies) and I think that that doubt should cost him! 


Also, it would pay for a nice hair cut and dress!


I got a text off Julie today- she asked me if I wanted to fill out a form to send to Slimming World HQ, which includes my journey and background. I'm meeting up with her for brunch tomorrow, with my friend Kate, to do it. I thought it would be easy, but looking at the questions it might be difficult, as well as a little bit emotional. I have rarely voiced or written down the reasons why I started SW and, indeed, why I really hit rock bottom and wanted to lose weight. I have once or twice, and each time I have gotten a bit emotional. So I might have to take tissues with me just in case!


Work today was tough. I started my shift with a sore hip. After taking some painkillers and walking it off I was fine. But then my back started hurting. Oh it was horrible! It still is achy now, and I'm trying to sit straight, hoping that it'll help. I pray it's better tomorrow- another 5 hours at Asda and want to actually work! Well, I was working, I don't want to sound as though I wasn't. But I wasn't moving as much as I usually do. I was lucky they needed me on checkouts so much today actually. The sit down really helped!


I was walking home and realised that Dad came home today. So I gave him a call to see if he fancied a visitor. He was at his friend, Gary's. I often used to go with dad, he used to go upstairs with the boys and I sat and chatted with Gary's wife, Helen, and their daughter, Vicky. So I went to see the ladies. I haven't seen them for an AGE! It was really nice. I like Helen and Vicky and enjoy their company, so it was nice to have a quick catch up. Helen mentioned having a games night one night in the near future, which I would be up for going to! She said she could do it on a Sunday, since I work at weekends. 


Anyway, I had better get my bum to bed! Long day tomorrow, I need my rest!


Feeling focused and determined again- hope that it carries through for the whole week!!


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment