Friday 2 March 2012

Veggie Chilli, Mixed Emotions and Over 3000!

White Rabbit! My first blog post of the month of Marvelous March! (hopefully that's what it's going to be!)


Firstly- oh my goodness- I have actually hit over 3000 page views! That is a lot of reading! Thanks you guys! Next stop- 5000, get reading! heehee.


I've been rather busy so far this month- working, more working, agreeing to do overtime, more working. You see the pattern here?


The mixed emotions are really just me feeling a teensy bit down. Well, not a teensy bit- a lot. It's a bit of a struggle if I'm being honest. My anxiety issues are really creeping up on me. I don't know why, but I'm sure it'll pass. In fact, I know it will. I'm coping with my work, even though I am finding it difficult. A couple of the girlies I work with at Asda (and of course Abby too) know that I struggle quite bad sometimes so I can go to them if I need to, which is good. At least I don't feel on my own, that would make things a million times harder!


I am still grateful to have work of course! Even though I'm a bit miffed because I've been put in for hours until mid April (that bit I don't mind) but it includes me working every Tuesday between 3-10pm. Which means I would miss my weigh in group for over a month. I'm not a happy flutterby. So tomorrow I'm going to go into work (on my day off!!) and have a chat with the manager and explain. I will do an earlier shift if I have to- but I don't want to miss out EVERY tuesday. One week, maybe. But not for a month!


Anyway- rant over. 


Tonight, I made a very quick and easy veggie chilli. I was boiling rice and realise I had nothing to go with it. I saw a tin of mixed beans and thought "fine- I'll make chilli". This is how I made it...


1 tin mixed beans (in tomato sauce)
1 tin tomatoes (chopped)
1 onion
1 large pepper
4-5 sprigs of broccoli 
couple of handfuls of mixed veggies
1-2 oxos
spash Worcestershire sauce
sprinkle garlic, mixed herbs, chilli powder, paprika (as much as you like really)


1) steam the broccoli and mixed veg until soft
2) dry fry onions and peppers. add tomatoes, mixed beans and cooked veggies. 
3) crumble in the oxos, add the sauce, herbs and spices and stir well.
4) heat through.


That's it! really! it's awesome! Just add the spices and stuff to your own taste- I never measure those things, I just add them until it tastes awesome!


I had it with rice, and the usual rocket salad and tomatoes. No picture I'm afraid- I ate it too fast!! 


Anyhoo- this was just a quick update- to start the month off and stuff! 


I really hope for a positive, slimmer month this month! I intend on staying 100% on plan this month. I have survived another day, which was full of temptation! I'm just about to have 2 syns worth of hot choc to make it to 9 syns for the whole day. I'm pretty chuffed with myself!


Tomorrow I'm going shopping with Abby. I'm going to get myself a swimming costume! Because I can't wait to get in that pool and get training again!! So exciting!! Will be nice to spend the day with my friend too!


On that note- time for that hot chocolate- then to get some sleep!


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment