Tuesday 1 May 2012

Being Human and Moving On.

Hi guys! Here I am!

So- my 3 days off plan did pay a price. I had my second ever gain today. It was only half a pound but it's still on and it still knocks me out of the running for Slimmer of the Week (not that I mind that really!) 



I am actually glad that I gained, in a weird kind of way. The last few times I've gone off the wagon I've maintained or lost a little bit. Part of me then goes "hey! you got away with it!" and that gives me an excuse to do it again at a later date. What it made me realise was that I am so close to target and it takes a bit more effort and work to lose the last few pounds and to get to target I must give it my all- especially with the hurdles coming up in the next few weeks!


I still have less than 10lb to target- so it doesn't seem daunting! This week is hopefully going to be awesome- even with a flexisyn day thrown in! That gives me 6 days to be perfect!


I actually went for a run yesterday! I went along the prom, starting at the point that was exactly 2.5km away from New Brighton and decided to do a mix of walking and jogging there and back. I actually started off strong- I ran the first km. At the 1k mark I decided to walk some- but after about 150m I realised I may have overdone it at first. I started getting bad chest pains and I was struggling. I had a sit down for a few minutes and decided (going against my first thought!) that I should keep going. I walked for 500m then did 200m jogging and 100m walking until I had 300m to go and I ran that. I ran a total of 1700m out of the first 2.5km. I was really chuffed with myself. 


On the way back, I decided to take it easier at the start and keep consistant- so I did a few 100 metres running and 100m walking. There's a hill on the prom and I actually ran up and down it both ways! On the way back I ran 1800m which meant that out of the full 5km I ran 3.5km and walked 1.5km. I was pretty damn chuffed with myself! Ok I had to take 2 breaks, but I never thought I could run that far! I did it in just over half an hour too (31 mins 45 seconds to be exact! Not including breaks of course!) It's something to work towards- doing it all in one go, running it all and then working on beating the time!


I do, however, really need to get some jogging bottoms. The size 18 leggings I was wearing kept embarrassingly falling down- not too bad of course- I always caught them before my bum started to show! But it really was hard to run with loose pants! So I'm hoping to get some jogging bottoms in the next few days!


Anyway so today- my eating hasn't been perfect but I have been well within my syns- I had 9 1/2 to be exact. 5 syns of that was for 5 slices of my "birthday cake" made by a lovely guy at Slimming World- 1 syn a slice- it was gorgeous! I will find the recipe and post it at some point! The other 4 1/2 was stuffing with my chicken dinner- even the gravy was syn free!


For my afters (after my dinner went down) I had some summer fruits with a muller light yoghurt. Lots of superspeed food which will hopefully help with a big loss next Tuesday!


Right now, I am heading to bed. I have a few mad days- tomorrow I'm having lunch with a friend (apparently there is SW friendly food- which is good) then meeting up with my SW buddy, Kate, for a cuppa. Thursday I've got lunch again (with Chris) and then meeting Kate again- don't know what we're doing yet- I suggested a bike ride if it was nice! Then I'm heading to Liverpool with some friends. Friday is the meal out with the family and working in the evening! So mad busy- I definitely need to get my rest now- because I don't think I'm going to be getting much of it this week!


Onwards and Downwards! Here's to a lovely big loss next week- including my 9 1/2 stone award!


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment