Thursday 31 May 2012

Milkshake, Big Losses and Feeling Useful

Hello! Me again!


I've just noticed that it is now officially June....where the heck is this year going so quick?? I can't believe we're nearly half way through already- it's crazy!


Anyhoo- so my loss this week- after the embarrassing uber gain last week....


7lb!  That is my highest ever loss. I've lost 6lb 3 times but never more than that. I can now say that I have lost half a stone in a week. Pretty awesome, I'm happy with that. Only 2 1/2lb to lose to get back to where I was. Guess what I'm aiming for this week?


I really feel like part of the SW team now. I've been taking money for the 7pm group for about a month or 2 now. Initially just to help out but now I do it every week. I'm glad to. It actually gives me a reason to stay a bit longer and to get to know people better. It helps with my confidence and it's a nice time to chill for a bit before going home for dinner. Anyway- I got  a lovely present off Julie, everyone on the Social Team got one- and I wasn't really expecting one but of course- am over the moon that I did....


My very own badge! 


Ok anyone who knows me will know what I'm like with badges- I love them! Especially ones with my name on- they make me feel important! heehee.


So I really like it, it made me very happy!


Small things...and all that...


Now all I need is my "target" badge and I'm all set! Aiming by the end of June- at the latest! Must work hard and I am feeling positive!


Oh yes- the milkshake! I did promise!


So I am now using 1% milk (which to me tastes exactly the same as semi skimmed- and I get an extra 50ml a day!) but I don't seem to be drinking as much tea as usual- maybe 1 cup a day, sometimes 2. Which leaves me with extra milk to drink.

So I made a milkshake!



Basically it's just:


Milk (however much really- I have 200ml usually of 1%, leaving 100ml for tea!) 
2 teaspoons sweetener (more, or less, depending on your taste)
strawberry flavouring (just a few drops)
and if you want to make it "strawberry" coloured, add a drop of red food colouring.


Simply mix the lot and drink! It reminds me of the nesquik powder that you get but it's syn free! I love it!


Anyhoo, so I had a busy day today- met up with a friend who I haven't seen in about 3 years. Enjoyed a lovely (syn free!) lunch. Then I visited dad for a bit and popped home. I went out for a "family meal" with my mum, brother, mum's boyfriend and his kids and their partners (and a baby). I did make good choices- picked a curried chicken noodle dish which seemed like the best choice- apart from chicken and bacon salad- but I fancied a change. 


I then went to my friend, Kate's, for a catch up. She fed me syn free spag bol- which was great! nom nom! I love it when I get fed syn free stuff!


Anyway- Kate is doing the race for life with me and we need to get our bums into gear! So planning on going out and doing some exercise (power walking at least!) so we can get ready for the big race in just over 2 weeks time!!


So that's me for today anyway- I'm falling asleep at the keyboard- so much for an early night! Must get up handy though- lots to do tomorrow before work at 5pm!


Speak to you lot soon!


Much Love,
Tanya x

2 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW AND WOW . I haven't been on minimins for ages but just popped on to look for a recipe and stumbled on a post by you and i am amazed you have done so well ! Tiyr pics look fantastic and the few blog posts i have read you sound positive and in such a good place. Well done again.

    derbynanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teresa :) Still here- still on minimins just not posting as much as I used to!

    I should start posting again :)

    ReplyDelete