Friday 27 April 2012

Tomato Soup and Getting back on track

Hello hello! It seems like only yesterday that I was sitting here writing my last blog update- oh wait- it was!

Sadly, after my update, I went into the kitchen and had a moment of weakness (again!) ended up picking at some of the naughty stuff that was there- including cheese. After my initial "what the hell, get a grip" moment afterwards, I calmly accepted what I did and went to bed.

Before I went to sleep, I got out my pretty flutterby journal and wrote in it. I wrote- in big letters:

"My name is Tanya- and I am a food addict"

It was like I was sitting there in an Overeater's Anonymous meeting- but I was in bed, on my own. I think I needed to physically see those words to help with acceptance that, even though I have lost nearly 9 1/2 stone, I am still a food addict. I still binge, I still get that mad guilt that comes after it, sometimes I just can't help myself.

Surprisingly, it helped. Today I feel a bit more focused- even though I have had a few moments in the day where I have just been craving really sugary sweet stuff. I have managed to curb those cravings- but only just! I am sitting here, satisfied, after having a lovely dinner of homemade tomato soup and ham salad with mayo! I've only had 4 1/2 syns today. Usually I try to get over the 5, but considering I'm satisfied and I have already probably gone over my weekly allowance of syns, I'm going to stick at 4 1/2.

So- this tomato soup! I was going to take a picture but I decided I wanted to eat it instead! The recipe is quick and simple- it's seriously tasty AND filling!

2 tins tomatoes
1 tin baked beans
1 tin carrots
2 small onions
1/2 pint chicken stock (or veggie stock if you're a vegetarian)
basil, black pepper and garlic granules to taste.

Simply put all the ingredients in a pan, blend until it's smooth and heat up. It's seriously as simple as that.

Just don't do what I did and move the hand blended up a bit higher than you should- resulting in tomato soup all over me! The shame! But at least I got there in the end and enjoyed a huge bowl of it!

I just realised I haven't had my healthy A yet! So I'm going to have a small glass of milk, leaving just enough for a cup of tea before bed!

Tomorrow I am having lunch with a friend before work- Abby is making Slimming World quiche- I may just take some tasty treats for us both to nom on afterwards!

I also have a few errands to run- so definitely must head off here now- I need my beauty sleep!

Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment