Wednesday 4 July 2012

One Journey Ends and Another Begins

I was going to do this last night but my computer decided to have a mild hissy fit. So it has to be today.


I am pleased to announce that after 14 months and 3 weeks, and I have done it! 10 stone 1lb lost and a proud owner of Free Lifetime Membership for Slimming World!


What an amazing 14 1/2 months it has been too!


It's been full of ups and downs but there is nothing I would have changed- not one thing!


I am sitting here, swelling with gratitude and trying to think who to thank, what to say, everything! Let's get the thank you's done now!


Mum- you seem to be the first person to pop into my head to thank. We may have had a few rough years in the past- but I love how our relationship has grown over the last year and a bit. You have been there for me every step of the way, the bringer of food, the kicker of my vastly-shrinking bum! I am so glad that this has helped build our relationship to greater levels. I am so glad to have made you proud! I love you xx


Niall- my amazing little brother! Your fab photoshopping skills are second to none! Always there to do my before/during pictures to help me see the losses myself! You have always lifted me up with encouragement when I needed it! I remember the first time you lifted me up shouting "you're so skinny!!!". I was shocked that I didn't break your back!! We can have such a laugh together now- which was limited in the past sometimes! Long may what we have continue!!


Julie- my consultant- and the woman who has sometimes mentally carried me through parts of this journey. You need way more credit than you get, lady! You were there to welcome me to my first Slimming World group, all that time ago. It feels like yesterday I was sheepishly sitting in my seat listening to the "newbie talk". Walking into that group was the most nerve-racking thing I had ever done, but the best thing! You have the patience of a saint- putting up with me and my grumbles. Thank you for not giving up on me and being there week after week, at the end of the phone or a text and at group! I am so proud to be one of your target members and part of your social team! 


Shena- my inspiration for joining Slimming World. You were the person who first introduced me to the amazing plan- giving me information and tips. If you had not planted that seed, I would not be where I am today- I am forever grateful to you- like you would not believe! You're a good friend- thank you for the motivation and support that you have given me xx


Chris- I don't think I would have lasted long if I had not bought a 12 week countdown to keep me motivated and focused. I couldn't afford that at first and you were there to buy half of it! Not just that but I know you have been there to give me love and support every step of the way! You're my best friend and like family to me- thank you for being there and not giving up on me (even if you are a bad influence when we are on holiday together!!!)


Marg- you have seen me at my worst and still put up with me! I always thought you were a bit mad (in a good way!) I always loved calling you after weigh in every week to tell you how I got on- giving me a pick me up if I ever needed it! One thing I regretted when I was big was I didn't have many pictures taken with you and yours when I visited! But I am sure I will make up for it next year when I come to see you. I am so looking forward to coming to visit you and not be trapped in my body and feeling constantly self conscious! And I *will* get on that water trampoline next time!!! I love you, my little Canadian Gnome xoxoxoxoxox


Kate- you madhead! Bet you thought I was going to forget you! I am so glad Julie introduced us because you have been such a good friend to me the last year or so- even if you are a royal pain in the bum! I can't wait til you get to target and you will make a great consultant one day!


Caz- my newest, and one of my dearest, friends. I love fate sometimes! A facebook "like" started our friendship off! I can't believe that was less than 3 months ago- I feel like we've known each other forever! What you have done with your life over the last 3 years is nothing less than miraculous! Your positivity shines brighter than the sun and it's infectious! It's great to have someone who really understands my head. If there wasn't such a big age (and height!!!!) difference I would say we were twins! I love spending time with you, long may our friendship continue xx


Alan and Jayne- thanks for the laughs, and support. I always love sneaking into the 1pm group to see you guys!


The ladies (and gents!) at all the groups I have been to- THANK YOU!! There are so many to mention- I will always forget to mention one or 2 of you. But if you have been at a group that I have been to- I am thanking you. Be it for a recipe idea, encouragement, a hug when I need it, or just being in the same room as me when I was feeling downtrodden and lonely- you have been a big part of my weight loss- even if you don't realise it! 


Everyone on minimins (Lily, Jo, Cinta, Kate, Sharon, Lisa- and everyone else- sorry if I forgot you!) thanks for being there for me, for the weekly updates and gossip and friendship! We are all in this together!


I'm always paranoid about missing out people! It is nearly 4am, that is my excuse!!


I am now nervous about my next journey- actually staying at this weight! But I have my group, my family, friends and my amazing consultant there with me, every step of the way. I will stil be blogging, still annoying people at group and just generally being here! I am still not done! I have to work on getting a great big life now!


The world is my oyster, so to speak. How exciting is this!


Thanks for being there for me- everyone. I hope that I can help everyone as much as you have all helped me!


Much Love,
Tanya x

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww Tanya, that is such a nice little story, actually got a tear in my eye reading it, you have done so well getting this far :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just come across your blog in the big wide world of the internet, looking for inspiration to get me back on the slimming world track.... THANK YOU !!! you have well and truly inspired me.... I have lost just over two stone so far, and still have a generous two stone to go... I CAN do it :) Thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah you are more than welcome! And thank you for your lovely comment!
      I always say- if I can do it anyone can! This plan is "extra easy" (sorry for the pun) as long as you have the right focus and support. I had, and have, both.
      Big well done on your loss so far- you CAN do it!! :)

      Delete