Wednesday 12 September 2012

Doing the Talk and Remembering....

Whew! I am so tired! Yesterday really took it out of me!

Got up at about 7am, realised that I forgot my weigh in clothes (I wasn't at home). So on the way to group, I popped into Asda to get a pair of leggings- since all I had was vesty tops and jeans!

I decided to get weighed at the 9am group so I could eat a decent breakfast. I lost 3lb this week- taking my total loss to 10 stone 3lb. I'm 2lb under my target weight but still in my range- which is ideal.

I was there to practice my 5 minute talk, which I will be doing at the District finals of Woman of the Year on Sunday. So I was there all day!

The 9am group was PACKED!! Quite a few new members and it was standing room only! A nervous start but once I started I was fine. I had a couple of people come to me afterwards and say how their journey is. There were a few people saying how my talk has helped them refocus and keep at their weight loss- which was just fantastic!


The 11am group was lovely too- and the 1pm group had me well fed (thanks Alan!!) 

Between the 1pm and 5pm group, Julie and I worked on the board for the finals- which I've been sworn to secrecy about until Sunday- but I shall post it up on Sunday- promise! You'll love it!

5pm I had a nice break- nattered to the members, most of which are like my family now! and just chilled with a hot choc and a rocky road bar. It was great to be there- we have 2 brand new target members- one of which is my lovely friend, Maz, who always says she only joined up to give me a free week! There she was, over 2 1/2 stone lighter and a brand new target member! Amazing!

7pm was a great group- I take the money for that group but not ever stayed for the group- it was fantastic!

What I love about all of the groups is every one of them is different- but are all amazing! I got something from every one of those groups on Tuesday!

I have even more respect for Julie too, after yesterday which I never thought possible- since I respect her tonnes as it is! But being there for 14 hours, doing what she does, it's incredible. The woman is amazing! She's there for every one of her members and will always take time to speak to them. 

Anyway- she hates it when I big her up like that- but I think she deserves the recognition!!

I had a few people come to me and tell me about their journeys, what it's like for them, or what it was like. If they were struggling, etc. It was humbling, to say the least. People see me or hear my story and sometimes get inspiration and hope from it. I needed that throughout my journey- and still do. The joys of Slimming World is we ARE all there to support each other. We can all inspire others and we can all seek inspiration- whether we're in our first week or if we've been at target for 10 years!


After reading a very emotional comment on my blog just now, it makes me remember how bad it was for me, before I started to lose the weight. The depths of despair, the depression, the horrible thinking and the desperation to get the help and to not be the person I was...

I am such a lucky girly to have found the love and support that I have got, through SW. I sense that non- Slimming World friends on my facebook could be getting bored- but I am so passionate about the plan that I can't help but shout about it from the roof tops!

Slimming World, the members, my consultant and other people i've met along the way, have a huge part to play in my weight loss. I have a lot to be grateful for, and I really wish I could encourage more people to do this, if they want to lose weight.

It doesn't have to be a case of life or death for everyone- a lot of people do it to fit into a certain outfit, or to look good for photos on their holidays. For some, like me, it was the end point, the rock bottom. I have no shame in saying that I wanted to die. I was in the depths of despare and Slimming World WAS my last chance.

Today, people who read this blog can see the difference. People who know me personally even more so. I am still Tanya, I am still me with different packaging. I'm just more gobby, more happy and actually love my life. 

I hope that people continue to get something out of my journey- even if it's just a bit of identification. I remember feeling so alone when I was at my biggest- that others would never understand what it was like to be the size I was. I thought I was the only person in the world to feel the way I did. So if someone sees my story and says "that was me", maybe that will help them a bit. That's all I wish for.

And of course- looking at peoples' journeys keeps me going too. Thats why I stay for image therapy, that's why I love reading other blogs and inboxes.

Right! I must get to my pit- it's half 2 in the morning and I was planning on an early night!

Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment