Monday 3 September 2012

Enjoying the Sun and New Job Prospects

Hey guys, sorry for the gap between updates- I seem to have had no time to myself to just sit and write one!

Firstly- I thought I'd share- today (3rd September) marks exactly 2 months since I got to target! Wow, doesn't time fly. It's crazy- it only feels like a few weeks since that moment. I am still there, still at group, still at target. Still food optimising- definitely something I intend on doing for a while yet because I want to stay at target- and this is the best way of going about it.

So lately, when the weather has been picking up, I have found myself outside, basking in the warm light. Just me and my ipod. I love it- I find a brisk walk really lifts my mood now. 

I have been filling out the application form for the Woman of the Year competition and I have been thinking a lot about what I was like before losing weight. And I still get surprised at how different I am in some ways. The fact that I can now just go out for a walk, without fear, without physical limitations and without panic attacks. I can talk to people and be Tanya, rather than be the person that I think they want me to be. I may use humour a lot- but I don't use it to mask how I'm really feeling, which is what I always used to do. I was always the first person to say I was fat, because if I did that, then people would be less likely to insult me because of my size.

Now, I'm happy with me. I have fear sometimes but I am not fearful. I don't let it take over my life.

There is a big huge life out there for me and I am going to enjoy it! I'm 24 and finally able to live! 

I don't know if you can tell but I do have a little bit of gratitude. my life is good- that is down to Slimming World!

I've been offered a permanent contract in work- which is another big thing that is totally awesome! It's in a different department- Home Shopping, as a Personal Shopper (or "picker"). Basically what we will be doing is when someone orders their shopping online, we get their shopping for them! There are a few people I know that have got the same job that I will be working with- which I am super excited about! I am so glad that I will know people that I'll be working with, rather than starting afresh. And it's people I get on with too.

I've been offered 20 hours a week, all early starts- very early. But it's permanent! I get paid holidays, regular contracted hours and I won't have to rely on the rota to know what I'm working every week!

So it's all good here right now!

The deadline for the Woman of the Year application is Wednesday. It's all written out in rough, I'm going to write it out in neat tomorrow- in my bestest handwriting!! The district finals are less than 2 weeks away, so I'm going to stock up on tissues because I think a few tears are going to be let out on that day! It's going to be a good day- lots of inspirational stories!

Ok- time for bed! Busy day tomorrow! Including weigh in- eek! It never gets any easier- even though I'm at target!

Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment