Friday 14 September 2012

Fat Flutterby is 1!

Happy Birthday to my little blog! 

So much has happened in that time- ups, downs and a few in-betweeny moments!

I've just looked at the stats and this blog has over 16,700 page views and 63 followers! That is insane! I just thought it was going to be me, chatting to myself on my own!

In the last year, I have received a few inboxes off people who have been touched by reading my posts. They have either found identification, inspiration or hope. 

I never thought in a million years I would be an inspiration to someone. Nor did I think I would ever be able to offer someone some hope. As you all will know from reading my previous posts, or from knowing me personally, I was in a state before I found my local Slimming World group. My weight had gotten me down so much that I didn't think I had much hope in living much longer.

It's amazing how much life can change in such a short space of time. I am happy, content, without fear. I can go out, enjoy company of others and even enjoy my own company. I am still Tanya, just happier, more gobby and 10 stone lighter!

Knowing that others have gotten something from this blog makes things even more worthwhile. My life is great- and I want others to experience that too. I want others to see that if I can lose the weight, so can they- whether it's 10lb or 10 stone+. Any amount of weight to lose is life changing and if you have lost even just 1/2lb then you are winning- you are closer to target than when you started.

The point is not giving up. Just putting one foot in front of the other and plodding along. Even if it's slower than you want it to be- you didn't put the weight on overnight. It took me 8 years to get to the size I did. As long as I aimed for the little targets and as long as I didn't give up, I knew I was going to be ok!

Ok- now, more of an update next time- it is totally time for bed.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog over the last year- here's to another great year! Hopefully more of us wearing our target badges with pride!!!

Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment