Sunday 9 September 2012

Mushy Pea Curry and Being Positively Saintly!

Hey you lot- just realised it's been a while, so thought a quick update before bed was in order!

I have been so good this week! I have had a couple of moments where I have eaten a bit more than I should- but mostly free food. I had a treat on Tuesday- but it was Chicken and black bean- I had a couple of hot chocolates in group- but it was a grand total of 14 1/2 syns- still within my syn allowance for the day. 

I have cut down my healthy extras this week. See, when you get to target, you get an extra Healthy B a day, to help with maintaining your target weight. Because I want to lose this week, I decide to go back down to 1.

Last week I put on 1.5lb which is fine, I'm still in my target range, just 1lb over my original target weight (we can go 3lb either way) But that gets me dead on 10 stone loss. So I really want to get close to the bottom end of my target. Not only for the Woman of the Year district finals (which are in less than a week now- this coming Sunday!) but I am going on holiday in 2 weeks and I wouldn't mind getting to the bottom end of target, to be on the safe side. The last thing I want to do is slip out of target and pay!

But I intend on being a bit more in control than last time, though. I can be more prepared. I think when I went away in May, I struggled because it was my first time away since starting Slimming World. This time- flutterby is prepped!

So yes- I have been very well behaved- I've got 1 more day to make it happen- so I am opting for a red day. I really hope I can get the loss I want. We shall see on Tuesday morning (getting weighed early) all I can do is my best- and accept whatever the scales say- good or bad!

I cooked today! Mushy pea curry (don't wrinkle your nose!!) Actually- that's what I did when I heard about it! It took me to pluck up the courage to try it. It was only because someone made it on Tuesday at group and I tried it- oh yum!!

It's nice and simple

1 tin mushy peas
1 tin beans
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 small onions
handful mushrooms
garlic
curry powder

1) dry fry onions, mushrooms and garlic
2) add peas, beans and tomatoes
3) mix in curry powder, to taste. I put in 1tsp of Medium powder, could have done with a teensy bit more for me, but didn't want to overdo it.
4) blitz with food processor until it's at your preferred consistency. 

I threw in some chicken pieces on top and served with rice and salad.

The curry itself (without chicken) is totally free on green and extra easy (even with the chicken it's free on EE) and is rather tasty! I definitely recommend it!

Anyway- it's time for me to head to bed- I'm having some pictures taken for my board tomorrow- after piccies of course! I have to post a package as well, and I'm in work for 5. I'm meeting Caz afterwards, since she's up this way doing her "thing" (her amazing talk). Busy busy

Keep those fingers crossed for tuesday please!

Much Love
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment