Friday 11 November 2011

Attack of the Yoghurt Stealer!

Oh I am miffed! Seriously- some mean, horrible person stole one of my yoghurts! Not just any yoghurt- one of my sodding activia snackpots!! More specifically- my awesome "totally worth half a syn" peach activia snackpot! Dammit- we only got them today! I only got 2 of each flavour and I was going to make them LAST. 10 in a week in not much, trust me. My yoghurts are there to stop me binging on sweet stuff- they are my life line.




AND I AM DOWN TO 8! I had one and I was working on rationing the other 9 to make sure they lasted a whole week!


Yes- I am rather mad, and a little bit upset. I know they're only yoghurts- but it's not like I can eat lots of chocolate or biscuits or cakes. Fat free yoghurts are my happy sweet treat!!!


It doesn't help that I'm already in a foul mood. The weather is rubbish, I'm grumpy, cold and frustrated. And now lacking yoghurts.


8 yoghurts in 7 days....not good, not good at all :(


I wish I actually had a happy, cheerful blog update, I really do. But because of the rubbish weather and the fact that I've been ignored by another company after an interview....I'm feeling a bit flat. A friend of mine lent me his S.A.D light box, I had every intention of using it today but just didn't get round to it- definitely tomorrow though! Hopefully that will lift my mood. Also, going for coffee with my friend, Chris, she usually gets me out of a funk.


Anyway- let's think a little bit more positive shall we? What else have I been up to?


I had a lovely time on Thursday. Lunch with my friend was awesome. I love spending time with her. She's one of those people who naturally cheers people up (well, she does with me anyway!) The food was amusing. I ordered chilli and rice. I thought, as it always does in other places, it came with a side salad. When it turned up- it was the biggest bowl of chilli and rice I had ever seen in my LIFE! But no side salad! So I asked the guy (because I wanted to be good and have my superfree foods) if I could have some salad. He goes away. Just before he game back I said "oh poo- I forgot to ask for no dressing". Sure enough- the salad arrived (again- a HUGE portion!) with a vinaigrette dressing. It was really tasty though, so I decided to eat it, enjoy it and syn it (it worked out at about 7 syns) I counted the chilli as free- because usually I can tell if it's greasy and full of fat and oil- it tasted just how I make it- so thought it would be ok.


I then went on a long walk- around town, checked out the new Asda which opened up last week (it was rubbish!) and then wandered over to the park and had a nice stroll around there, before getting the bus home. It was about an hour (just over) of exercise.


Later on, I walked to dad's, stayed there for a bit before going to Julie's other SW group. It was a lovely group, really friendly people and just a nice feel to it. Mind, they have an awesome consultant- so that must help of course! Afterwards I helped Julie clear everything up and she gave me a lift home (it was pretty cold out! So I was grateful)


Today, even with my grouchiness I managed to cook up a lovely meal- turkey casserole (the recipe asked for chicken....but we had turkey.) So.....the recipe....By the way- I used our slow cooker, so if you don't have one, just use a regular pan and don't cook for as long!


1 huge turkey breast (or 2 small ones)
2 carrots 
1/2 small butternut squash
1 onion
1 clove garlic 
1 large potato
large handful of pearl barley (or lentils could work)
1 chicken stock pot
Soy sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Mixed herbs
Any other herbs you want to throw in
a few tbsp of instant potato mash powder (we used smartprice, just to try it out- apparently it's syn free...but I'm not 100% sure on that)


1) Brown the turkey with the herbs and finely chopped garlic.
2) Quickly boil the barley in a seperate pan and drain
3) Add the veggies and potatoes (after they've been diced of course!) 
4) Mix the stock pot with 1 pint of boiling wate, mix well and add to the slow cooker. Throw in the pearl barley.
5) Add more water to cover up the meat and veggies. add a splash of soy sauce and Worstershire sauce (or if you're anything like me- add lots of both!)
6) Simmer on a low heat for about 10 days (ok...not quite- but I had it on for about 6 hours on a very low heat- but that was only because I was in work for 5 of those hours!) 
7) if the sauce needs thickening, add a few tablespoons of the instant mash powder. I used 2 and it was still runny, so maybe use 3-4. 


I served mine with rocket salad (like i serve everything with!) cherry tomatoes and boiled rice!


I definitely recommend it, it's a lovely winter warmer recipe. A bit of a change to stew, but very similar.






Ok that's me for tonight. I actually feel better now I've typed this up. I'd better get my bum to bed! Coffee with Chris at lunchtime, then work and straight after work I'm going to my nan's 75th birthday party! It's all go!


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment