Sunday 20 November 2011

Being Inspirational

I have spoken to a couple of people over the last week or so and they have told me that they are interested in Slimming World because they can see it works, because of the amount of weight that I've lost. There have been other people too, since I started. 3 people have joined up as a referral of mine, one of which has gotten to her target weight and is working on maintaining.


I don't usually think of myself as an inspirational person. It's something that I did hope to become. I didn't start this journey just because I wanted to lose weight- part of it was, that if I could lose weight and get to a healthy weight, then other people who are in the same boat as me can see that it does work and that they can possibly do it too!


When people tell me that I have inspired them, it makes me feel great. I like the fact that I am giving someone a bit of hope, that they too can be the weight that they want to be. I also love to tell anyone and everyone about Slimming World, about how I overcame my addiction to food (which, really in fairness, was what I had) to start shifting the pounds. I like telling people what I was like before I joined up, how I was constantly depressed, too scared and paranoid to go out of the house and always worrying about what people thought about me. 


I know that I still have a long way to go, both physically and mentally. I'm nowhere near finished. But, if I can see the change, then it must be huge- since we are always the last to see changes in ourselves.


There are still a lot of hurdles to face. One is comments that certain members of my family (thankfully I don't see them often) make, little digs about my size or about my failures in life. I can see now, that I must focus on the family members that do matter and who are there to support me. Actually, those people who do like to spread the negativity, it says more about how sad their lives are to have to bring me down. I feel sorry for them. 


Even with my bad days, I am looking forward to a happier, healthier life. I was talking to someone today about my studies ending and she said that it must have been that at this time, I'm meant to focus on my weight loss. Studying will come later, I have a lot to learn before that time comes. I'm a strong believer that everything happens for a reason and I was meant to leave university, it gives me time to focus on my weight loss and it also gives me time to look for work and gain work experience with my part time job, without worrying about spreading myself too thin.


So I'm feeling really happy today- that I am being inspirational to a few people- that makes me feel amazing. Slimming World is a huge part of my life right now, because of how much I'm focusing on shifting the stones and adopting a healthier lifestyle. I would love to be a consultant one day, after I've learnt how to drive, bought a car and have a stable job so I can support myself (as well as having the money to pay for the training etc). It's a long long long term goal- and all I need to do is put one foot in front of the other and make positive changes to work towards that goal.


It's that simple!


So to you lot reading this- if I inspire you, I'm glad, really I am. If I don't....well sod ya, but I appreciate you reading my blog anyways! heehee


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment