Tuesday 1 November 2011

I be bad!!!

Sorry, sorry, sorry! I am very naughty. I can't believe it's been a week since my last blog entry! *slaps wrist*


Thanks to my lovely little brother who threatened me to write, otherwise I would have forgotten again.


So- in a nutshell- my week!


I had afternoon tea with a group of girly friends on Thursday. It was to celebrate a good friend's birthday, but I was treating myself for getting under the next stone bracket (I have a treat each time- this was it). Now, don't try this at home, any of you slimming world folks, but I don't count syns when I have this treat. I just behave for the rest of the week! So I did over indulge just a touch- sammiches, a cupcake, a BIG slice of sponge cake and a cup of tea....and a piece of treacle toffee (I was given 4 pieces, I gave the other 3 to my mum).


For the rest of the week I was pretty good. I did a good few hours of exercise, even with my sore feets (which are not getting any better!!) I did go see my doctor about the foot pain and she's prescribed me stronger painkillers. I havent handed the script in yet- I will do that tomorrow.


Work has been a little bit frustrating. The till is messed up- seriously. First it says that the till is over, then it says it's under....and we are getting it in the neck from the manager. Of course, not sure if it's paranoia or if she really thinks it, but I think the manager is blaming me. Of course, if the till has only just started spouting out numbers like it has been doing, and I've only been there a month....I just hope that she isn't thinking that I'm dipping my hand in the till. I would never do such a thing (maybe a few years ago- but I have a conscience now- I wouldn't be able to cope with the guilt!) Just crossing my fingers it gets sorted- because I don't want to get the sack because of mistakes I didn't make, or being accused of something I didn't do....


Anyway- looking forward to a good week- it was weigh day today.


I went to the 1pm group to meet up with my friend Chris, she goes to that one. But I got weighed at 5pm. 


I lost 3.5lb this week! I got my 5 stone award (5 stone 1lb lost!) and Slimmer of the Week! I was pretty chuffed to say the least. I'm past the half way mark- and all in 6 1/2 months! So hopefully I *will* get to target by my birthday.


I was talking to my friend Marg yesterday (my friend in Canada). I told her that if I win the national finals of Woman of the Year  next year, I'm spending Christmas with her and her family, whether she likes it or not! The first prize is £5000, so I would be on the first flight over there! It would be nice to visit again- but next time I'm there I want to feel comfortable having my picture taken, unlike last year!


Anyway- since it's been so long....I *do* actually have a recipe! Diet coke chicken! I know- sounds weird- it's taken me 6 months to pluck up the courage to make it- and actually I loved it! It's a bit like sweet and sour meets sticky chicken- very yummy!!


serves 2
 
2 large chicken breasts, diced
1 large onion, diced
6 tablespoons passatta
330ml diet coke (or pepsi max- which is what I used)
splash of worstershire sauce
frylight

Brown the chicken and onions using a few sprays of frylight.

Add the passatta, diet coke and worstershire sauce. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Keep watching and stirring every few minutes because after a little while it starts to thicken quite rapidly. Don't put a lid on the pan while simmering- the sauce won't thicken if you do.

I served mine with sw chips, rice and salad.



So that's me for tonight. Definitely need to get my bum into gear and update this more often- since people do actually read this (thank you by the way- it's nice to know people listen to me sometimes!)


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment