Wednesday 16 November 2011

Wait....That's Not Pepper!!

So I was making dinner before- one of Tanya's random "stick it in a pan and heat it up" pasta dishes. I boiled the pasta, threw in some chopped ham, a big spoon of Philly extra light and put in what I *thought* was a little tub of finely chopped peppers.

Well. When I got down to eating it, I realised that they might not have been peppers after all. Because the dish did have a bit (read- a LOT) of a kick to it. Yes, I put in 2 large, finely chopped chillis!  Nonetheless it was very tasty (I don't mind spicy food at all).



Ok so backtracking a bit, so I don't forget anything.

First things first- the remorse of the yoghurt stealer.



After ranting about the disappearance of one of my awesome yogs- I was woken up the following morning by my little brother (well- not little- he's 19 and taller than I am....but you know what I mean) who hands me a yoghurt and a card. He told me that he read my blog on his phone and went "uh oh". He toddled off to Asda (which is about 15-20 minutes walk each way) bought me a replacement yoghurt and a card. The card wasn't an ordinary card. It was a SYMPATHY card! On the front it says "In your time of sorrow".


Inside it says:

"To my dearest sister,

I hold my hands above my head, I am the yoghurt thief!
I present you with this card as a token of my remorse.
Upon reflection, I have seen the error of my ways.
I vow never to steal another Activia Snackpot Yoghurt for the rest of my days.
I can now see that it was a despicable thing to do and I understand if you no longer want me in your life.
The guilt & pain that I am feeling now will stay with me forever.
Though it cannot compare, as a pitiful sign of reconciliation, I have procured you a replacement PEACH Activia Snackpot Yoghurt.
Forever in your debt,
The worst brother in the land"


I haven't laughed so much in ages. I read this out to my mum when she got home from work and I was crying with laughter. I gotta hand it to him- he has a way with words. My life would definitely be boring without him!


So....what else have I been up to?


Well- after my naughty synnage- I needed to do a bit extra exercise to make up for it. So, I went for a nice walk into Liscard and back with a fellow slimmer, Kate. We had a bit of a break and then we walked along the prom to Morrisons (which is about 45 minutes each way). I was chuffed because I got my sausages (back on offer again!) and some reduced fat cheese.  So all in all- 2 hours of walking at a pretty decent pace.


Then it came to weigh day- Tuesday. I was bricking it, honest. I weighed myself on the Wii Fit (hey- I saw you rolling your eyes there! It's some kind of ritual I do the day of weigh in!) and it said that I had lost a whole pound! I wasn't particularly happy and I was dreading weighing in. 


Anyway- so I get there and I am the first to be weighed. The woman who normally weighs us was running a bit late, so Julie (my consultant) weighed me. I hopped on and....I lost 2lb! It was a nice surprise! It was a great group too. Julie read out the Woman of the Year finalists' stories, and one of them made me cry. It was really inspirational though. One woman- her start weight and height were exactly the same as mine. So I'm hoping that next year, I'll be able to make it that far!


I got a million recipe ideas for chicken at group too- so hoping to get my cook hat on!


When I got home, I had dinner and went on the Wii Fit. I managed an hour and a half. So on top of the walking I did during the day- that was 2 whole hours of exercise, again!!


Finally- today (nearly there- promise!)


I went to Formby to see a good friend of mine. We went for lunch and went on a nice walk.


Lunch was terrible.


The only thing I could have was the chilli. Usually I'm ok with that because I can have some nice rice and salad with it. Well- according to the menu the chilli was served with *pilau* rice (which is about 2 1/2 syns per 100g or something), tortilla chips and sour cream. So- I went to the bar and asked for a jacket spud instead of the rice and crisps and no sour cream. For the most part they did ok. Except for the blob of butter on my jacket spud!!! As soon as the plate hit the table I grabbed the potato and forked (totally a word) the butter off! I wasn't expecting butter on my potato. I was also disappointed because there wasn't a hint of salad anywhere!


Anyhoo- after that, we went for a walk around the nature reserve, then to the beach. lots of walking, hills and sandy bits. It was nice, albeit bloody freezing! We managed 2 hours of walking, which just flew by really. When I got home, I had the pasta and I walked to my dad's, stayed about an hour and walked home. Really it was just an excuse to get out and about a bit more! So 2 hours 40 minutes today! Woo!


I really want to lose 2.5lb this week. Why? Because it will give me, not only my 5 1/2 stone award, but a lovely smiley face sticker for my book (for getting under the next stone bracket). I've said, as soon as I get into the 16's, I'm going to get a pizza- and I've been craving pizza for days. So 5 more 100% days and I should be ok *fingers crossed*


So- did you all keep up? Well done! That's impressive. I know I keep saying this, but I really need to update more often- or I'll end up with essays like this!!


I'm feeling really determined and positive- I just hope it stays with me!


Anyway- I am off to my pit, all this typing has made me sleepy!!


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment