Tuesday 22 November 2011

Slinky Flutterby!

Today has been rather eventful!


This afternoon, I went shopping with my mum, it was double discount day at Asda, so she was buying Christmas presents for us. One of my presents was a new coat. I was a little disappointed because they didn't have any of the coats I wanted in a size 18 and when I tried on the size 16, when it zipped up, i just looked like a fat sausage....so size 20 it was! But that's ok- really, next winter I plan on being no bigger than a size 14....so I'd need a new coat then! At least this coat has a hood! I look like a little eskimo, I love it!


Anyhoo- so weigh in day! I have been so so so so good all week- 35 syns in the whole week, lots of body magic, eating lots of superfree food, etc etc.


My hard work DID pay off! 4lb loss! I only needed 2lb for my 5 1/2 stone award and 2 1/2 lb to get into the 16 stone's. So I now weigh 16 stone 12lb, which, in the words of my consultant, is absolutely fab!


I also, which I wasn't expecting, won the Miss Slinky award for our group! Miss Slinky is a weird award. It's a little like Woman of the Year, but there is no minimum weight loss requirements for districts. Apparently it's someone who now "slinks" (whatever that means) into group and would look great in a "little black dress". Now, I guess I'm more confident- but I was expecting someone else to win, so I was absolutely shocked!


Anyway- when I won Woman of the Year- a friend of mine who I spoke to on a forum asked me why I didn't have my picture taken with my sash on. I said I wanted to and I wanted my picture taken with Julie, but was too scared to ask. I hate hate asking for things, just because I am terrified of people to laugh at me and go "yeah, right, do one!" So I didn't ask her. I was a bit gutted, because getting WotY was a huge deal- I had only been with Slimming World for 4 months and I felt really privileged to win. 


Well, tonight, I just went and asked Julie, which surprised me to be honest, I thought I was just going to chicken out. I was overjoyed when she said yes! Bless, she's like me- hates having her picture taken so I was really glad that she agreed. It really  made my day!


I didn't win slimmer of the week- someone (don't know who, they didn't stay) lost 4.5lb- booooo! heehee. But- I have lost 11 1/2lb so far this month. I am 2 1/2 lb away from losing a stone in a month for the first time. I really hope I manage it- again I'm going to work hard. But it's going to be a little tougher this week.


Because I got into the 16's- it meant I could have a treat- so I had pizza! It was fabulous! I'd been obsessing over this pizza for about 2 weeks, so it really tasted fabulous. Totally worth the wait. It tasted nicer because I earned every mouthful!


The only thing planned that is reasonably high in syns is my trip to Spavens in Mold on Thursday (it's a sweet shop- where you can have pancake and ice cream (12 syns) ) for a friend's birthday. The rest of the week I intend on being extremely good! Losing a stone in a month would be absolutely awesome!


Also- On the Slimming World website, it has a graph where you plot your weight losses (or gains) and it gives you a predicted weight loss line- so gives you a predicted target weight date. Last week, my target date was 15th May (which really sucked because of the bet with my Dad that I can reach my target by my birthday (4th May) ) But after this weeks weigh in, my predicted date is 17th April!! I have no clue how they predict it, but I hope they're right. My weight loss average is ever so slightly higher than the average I need to lose to get there, so hoping that I can manage it. £100 would definitely come in handy!


Another thing I do when I get into the next stone bracket is I have my picture taken. It's always in a cotton vest thingy and a pair of jeans. Kinda to see the change in me physically for every stone or so lost. So mum kindly took a picture (or 50) for me, I don't know why, but I can never get my facial expressions right in pictures. But I got one half decent picture which is good! No more "unflattering" pictures (as I call them) for another 12.5lb at least! 


So, it's been a good day, I enjoyed my treat, I'm just hoping that it doesn't hinder my weight loss too much- it shouldn't, I should be fine. Looking forward to a new week (I'm hoping it goes quicker than last week though, how it dragged last week!)


I'm going to do more walking and more Wii Fit hopefully. I'm hoping to get Slimmer of the Month next week too- to get the 5th one (there are 5 magnets in the set!) So here's hoping!


I'm planning on updating here a couple of times in the week, betcha glad of that- I know you've missed me!


Here's to a positive week! (hopefully!)


Much love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment