Tuesday 20 December 2011

A Good Day All Round!

Hello there! I bet you're thinking "wait- it's not been a week since the last update has it?" No- no it has not. I really want to get back into this, so I am working hard to find time to do an update. So here we are!


Ok that's it for now...........


Only kidding!


Today has been a good day (can you tell by the title? It's pretty well hidden I know).


Today was Day 3 of Asdathon. My longest shift yet! I was working 12.30-10pm! Which (if you're any good at maths) you can work out as a 9 1/2 hour shift. Woo!


So, because of my hours, I had to get weighed in the morning. So I did. 2.5lb off this week. Even though I was a touch disappointed, I know that 2.5lb is an amazing loss and I should be happy. I think it was just because I had been so good, and worked so hard at staying on plan, I thought I deserved a bigger loss. But not to worry! It's still a big loss!


It was a taster session at group. I was intending on making stuffed tomatoes with bacon and egg (since it was a breakfast time group!) But I didn't get round to it. But I enjoyed what I ate. 


I got home and got ready for work, and set off out for my shift.


It was manic- even though there were quiet moments, the busy times were quite overwhelming. For me, working is a big deal. Considering a year ago, the place I was at mentally and emotionally,  where I was barely able to leave the house, never mind go to a busy superstore and work on the front line, with lots of people around me, talking to people I don't know! It's great really. But, there are moments (I'm sure most people have these too) where I feel extremely overwhelmed and anxious. Which makes me scared of messing up- which causes me to mess up...


Well, there were a few issues with my till- the conveyor belt stopped working, so I was moved to another till. Then it started working again, so I was to move back to my original till. My last customer on the second till gave me about 25 coupons to scan, and they didn't like to scan easily! Which took forever to do.


Then, back on the first till, me feeling run ragged, felt frustrated that I needed one of the runners (or supervisors, I suppose they could be seen as that too) to give me the keys to the lock on the till, so I could open it. When I called from my till (there's a little speaker/phone thingy on each till) the person on the other end answered in a really exasperated, peeved off voice. Maybe it wasn't that, maybe I was just feeling like poop, but it really made me feel bad, like I wanted to cry.


Anyway, I was struggling for a little bit, of course at Asda you have to be all smiley and helpful and I was not feeling the slightest bit "smiley".


One of the runners (who is very...I guess, strict would be the right word) came up to me as I was serving the customer, and rather mentally exhausted (disguised as in a jokey voice) I said "Oh what have I done now?". To which she replied, "Nothing, I just wanted to let you know that a custome paid a compliment to you. So thank you", smiled, then left! My god I was over the moon (after the initial scary moment where I thought she said a customer had made a *complaint*). That got my smile back on my face!


Anyhoo- I managed to persuade the supervisor to give me a joint dinner and break (so 45 minutes) so I could go to my 5pm group- to see everyone before xmas. They might not have been bothered to see me, but to spend half an hour with people that I know, in a place where I feel safe and able to really be myself (I do feel as though where my SW group is is my "safe place" a lot of the time) it really boosted my mood. The cup of tea and the few bits of food really helped!


The second part of my shift was long since I had no break, but I survived, til 10pm, just! A few incidents, like one woman who forgot her purse, so her husband drove to their house to pick it up. but we chatted (about SW actually- because she goes to a local group) and other tills were free, so no worries there. 


I'm tired now though, so much for a quick update! It's now nearly 1am and I'm up at 7.30, so I am totally off to bed right now, I'm exhausted!! 9-8.45 shift tomorrow! I'm going to be pooped! but at least I can have an earlier night!


Hope you're all doing awesome!
Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment