Saturday 10 December 2011

New Job and Shiny Stickers

Hola! Only me!


I've been meaning to do this for a few days but, as usual, time keeps running away from me- and I'm too slow to chase after it!


Lots of stuff to report- and most of it is good (actually, I think all of it is!)


So you know that interview I had on Friday? Yeah- I got a call on Tuesday evening, literally just as Slimming World finished. It was one of the women who was there doing the shadowing, and she offered me a job! Ok, I applied for chilled and got checkouts- but yay! Job!! I had to go in for an induction on Thursday and for a bit of training. I was chuffed to bits!


So, still on Tuesday, of course, weigh day! I needed 2.5lb for that 6 stone award. And...I lost...


2.5lb! Woohoo!


So I am at 6 stone lost, exactly. In less than 8 months (it'll be 8 months a week on Monday) which is just awesome really. I continue to surprise myself! So that means a new sticker for my book and a new certificate for my fridge! I also won Slimmer of the Week, which was even more awesome. That's 15 slimmer of the weeks in 32 weeks. I bet people are getting sick of me now! heehee.


On to Thursday. My new job training!


Well, it started off disappointingly, because they told us our contracts are only until Christmas Eve! That's only 2 weeks! But, that's more money than if I wasn't working- gotta keep thinking like that. 


We were there for 6 hours, ish. Got lots of paperwork done and watched a lot of cheesy videos. It was nice actually. Moreso when I realised that I was getting paid for being there! 


We had to go in yesterday (Friday) too. For till training. It was a bit quick. We were there for 3 hours and half of it was more forms! we had about half an hour of someone telling us how to work the till, then half an hour of shadowing someone and half an hour of actually having a go ourselves- with the person we were shadowing watching us in case we made any mistakes. So in total, an hour and a half of training. Not long, considering the next day I was going on a till, on my own, with no one behind me (apart from the people on the till behind me of course...)


I got to my shift this afternoon (I was the only new one on the till during that shift) and I got put on a till. I was moved to another one after about 20 minutes, and stayed there for the rest of the shift. Actually, it wasn't bad at all! I was panicking last night about getting it wrong, having a panic attack or just freaking out. I had left an envelope at Asda yesterday, containing a lot of stuff that I needed for today. So I was panicking about not being able to find it. Lo and behold, when I got there, it was in the place I left it. Panic over!


Apart from a couple of double scans, it was more or less incident-free. My mum ended up doing her shopping (with my brother) and I served her (shh- don't tell anyone please- apparently it's not allowed!) she complained that I was scanning the shopping too quickly! She expected me to scan slow. Oh well! heehee.


I got off the till at 4.30 and it was a mad dash to get to the off licence for 5. I was a couple of minutes late- mainly because I wasn't organised. I know for next time (which will be this coming Friday). The shift tonight was ok, Abby and I had a giggle and we made plans to cook each other stuff and have a mini party when we're working on Christmas Eve. I'm looking forward to it already!


Ok- so what else has happened this week?


Well~ last Saturday (I think) I put up a link on facebook which was of a pretty overbust corset that I thought was pretty, but was moaning that I couldn't afford. After a lot of umming and ahhing I decided to order it. I had £16 paypal so only needed a tenner. So I ordered it and I was all happy.


The next morning, Niall commented on the link saying "Merry Christmas your corset is now in the post, on the way to your house! " I was like "oh noooooo- 2 of the same one!!" so I emailed the company, asked if I could swap the one I ordered for a different one of the same price. I received an email a few hours later. "Your order has been dispatched" DAMMIT! Oh well- I'll send it back (when the one Niall ordered gets here!)


At least I have one for tomorrow!


"What's tomorrow?" I hear you ask. Well, I am going to a convention during the day and to a dance in the evening. I have had my pretty lace dress taken in so it fits better, and my corset is going to be worn over it (for the dance, of course). Most of the people that I am going to see there are people who I haven't seen for over a year. There are a few people who I have seen since I joined Slimming World, but most of them I haven't seen since about June, so I'll be all skinny compared to how they will have remembered me. So expecting one or 2 comments (awesome!)


Hoping to have my picture taken tomorrow, to show off my new outfit!


Ok I am going to bed now, very late night tonight, but an update was well overdue! Got lots to share, I'm sure I'll get round to it! I can't believe how hectic life is right now! I love it!!


Much Love, 
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment