Tuesday 17 January 2012

Feeling Pumped and Planning Ahead!

Hola!


I can't believe it's been a week since my last blog update- me bad. It's just been so crazy here, that I've had no time, or thought I had no time, to write one!


Lost 1/2lb this week, god knows how. Even though I was feeling determined, it didn't take long for me to start nomming on naughty stuff again! Pieces of cake, extra cereal bars, not enough fruit, etc.... It was getting bad, again. My old behaviours were creeping back.

Even today, after weigh in. How did I celebrate my lucky loss? Yep- I had a piece of cake! Silly Tanya! But tomorrow is a new day- and I will be planning each and every one of them until next Tuesday, you mark my words!



I bought another 12 week countdown today, since mine ran out over Christmas and I have no more free weeks. £49.50, and that takes me to 3rd April. Since I intend on being at target by my birthday, 31 days after that, I hope to be well on my way to target at the end of this!


Logically I have to have gotten my 9 stone award and be nearly at my 9 1/2 stone award to achieve this. Not trying to plan too far ahead or anything!


Anyhoo- my friend Kate told me yesterday that her birthday is in just under 14 weeks and intends fully on getting to target. So I said that I'd join her in this challenge- just allow myself an extra 2 weeks to get there (my birthday). The thing is, to get there I need to stop messing about. I need to resist the temptation of rubbish food that appears. I also need to get into a regular exercise routine, rather than overdoing it on some days and doing naff all on others.


So planning ahead- Kate and I are going to do the Race For Life at Haydock Park in June (17th) so we need to get used to the jogging/running thing. I have never really ran or jogged before. I am used to exercising in water- so it's going to be a HELL of a challenge actually running. on land. But you know what? I am totally up for it! I need to push myself more- this isn't too hard to fail at and not too easy to become lazy and complacent. 


We're going to train ourselves up for it- because of course I can't just run 5k in 1 go without training! We're starting tomorrow, we're going jogging/walking around the block. It's a start and we'll work our way up in no time! Of course- the extra body magic is going to help with my losses!


Ok I have to go sleep- rest up for my first training session! I'm not feeling 100% (sniffly and coughy) but hoping to be better when I wake up in the morning.


This is so exciting! It's going to be AWESOME!


Much Love,
Tanya x

1 comment:

  1. I really recommend the Couch to 5K training program which you can find on the NHS Choices website (Google "couch 2 5K"). It assumes no previous running experience and over 9 weeks aims to get you running for 30mins (approx 5K) non-stop. It works by interval training - running and then walking - and a nice lady talks you through the whole thing if you download the podcasts from the website. There's a load of us on Minimins doing it - find us on the C25K thread xx

    ReplyDelete