Monday 30 January 2012

Saggy Skin and...grapes?

Yeah I can totally fit a blog with both of these things- can you not see the connection?


I have noticed lately that I am left with quite a bit of saggy skin (betcha all wanted to know that!) mainly on my tummy and thighs. Actually, I believe my boobular area is getting affected too (even though I haven't shrunk that much there...what gives??)


Anyway- I have been training myself (trust me- it's hard work!) to look in the mirror more. Might seem like a normal thing for some people, but it's not something I'm used to doing. I try to avoid mirrors as much as possible- mainly because I don't like the thing looking back at me. So this "training" is to get used to me and what I look like. Easier said than done, but I'm getting there!


But, because I'm looking at myself more, I do notice the saggy skin....a lot! I naively thought that, because I'm young, I wouldn't be affected by it...alas, here I am, worrying about it!


There's nothing much I can do- apart from upping the exercise and possibly getting some moisturiser (a realm that I'm not used to being in!) I really do want a nice bod- worthy of a bikini- by the summer....it might not be possible- but I can very well try, can't I?


So....in 17 hours (or so) I'll be stepping on the scales again. I have been so so good this week it's unreal! Ate more fruit than usual and did a bit more body magic (exercise). I would LOVE to lose a big amount- 5lb would be amazing. It would take me to 14 stone 13.5lb and give me my 7 1/2 stone award. A big number, but I have done it before. I may be hoping too much and might be disappointed tomorrow. But I know I did my best this week- I really have done. I hope the scales realise this and be really nice to me!!!


Anyhoo- so tomorrow- I actually have stuff to do before weigh in! I'm going to Liverpool to see my lovely friend Jo, who is popping over to town with her fella, so I'm meeting up with them for a coffee before they head down south for the rest of the day! I haven't seen her in aaaaaaaaaages so it'll be nice to see her and have a catch up! I'm going to go to New Look too, and get me some more  jeans- since my size 18's are getting a bit loose!


I hope that I have a great loss to report in my next blog post! I'm still pretty focused, so hope to stay like this for a while. A big loss will boost my get up and go- I know this. I'm crossing my fingers!


Also- definitely getting back into my training for the race for life. I may have done more body magic but haven't done much jogging at all...It's official now- I'm all signed up:


http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/tanyacarr


So if you feel the want to sponsor me...please do! Seriously- it's for a good cause and every penny counts! Or just spread the word- let people know! Every little helps (as they say at Tesco)


Finally (bet you thought I forgot...ok I did, I just remembered and I'm editing this!) the grapes. I used to hate the things, before SW, I'd have a handful and gag at the thought of eating more. Yesterday I went to asda and bought a few bits- including a punnet of grapes. When I came home from my walk this evening, I had my dinner and took the grapes upstairs with me to the computer room...I only went and ate the whole punnet!!! I'm just hoping that all those grapes help with the weight loss tomorrow....I mean, they are mainly water! I'm Tanya and I'm a grape addict!!!


Okay! That's me for tonight! Time for bed, got a long day tomorrow!


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment