Thursday 5 January 2012

New New New...

New Year
New target
New struggles....


It wouldn't be me if it wasn't full of ups and downs. 


First things first, Happy New Year my bloggees! I hope that the hangovers have subsided and you're having a great start to 2012. Mine was a quiet(ish) start to the new year. During the day I was working at Asda, then went to the off licence for another 5 hours of work. Afterwards, I headed home and spent the rest of the evening with 'Cinta, her sister Jess and Jess's boyfriend. We saw the new year in with a bit of Just Dance 3. 


I didn't stay up too late, since I was in work for 10 the next morning, for my last shift. 


I didn't expect work to be that quiet on Sunday! Most of the people working were sent home, because there was just nothing to do! I didn't go early though- I wanted to work my last shift right through. I was really sad to leave, I just didn't want to go! I made some friends while I was there and just spending a few hours a day, in work, doing something positive and useful, made me feel really good about myself. 


But, the manager came to me at the end of my shift and said that I would definitely be getting a letter in the post about getting a seasonal contract- so I'll be called back in March, I really can't wait!


So- I was looking at a few peoples' forum posts on minimins (an amazing site if you're on a weight loss journey- the support is amazing!). They posted how much weight they lost last year and how many inches they were missing. So for me:


In 2011 I lost a total of 6 stone 8lb.
Bust has gone from 51 inches to 44 inches (-7)
Waist has gone from 45 inches to 36 inches (-9)
Hips have gone from 53 inches to 46 inches (-7)


So a total of 24 inches melted away, just from the 3 main measurements, in less than 9 months!

My thighs have also gone from 35 inches to 27 inches (another 8 inches gone!)



It's really hard to say "I have lost X inches" because everyone counts different measurements. My mum said it should just be the bust-wait-hips measurements- but some people use their arms/thighs/calves/neck etcetcetc. I left the other measurements out- just because I didn't know whether to count 8 inches for my thighs or 16 inches (since I have 2....obviously) So keep it simple (ish) and just use the 3 main "bits".


Anyway....where were we? Oh yeah...


So in 2011- I lost 6 stone 8lb and 24 inches
In 2012 I hope to lose another 3 stone 6lb to get to target....or do I?


Well- I did mention a new target...


When I started Slimming World I wanted to lose 10 stone. That was it, nice number and would get me to a bmi of 24.4- so just into the "ideal" range.


I'm nearly 70% of the way there and I am still pretty big. Not huge, I actually don't look fat, according to some people. As my mum so eloquently put it, I'm not that big that people would look at me and go "bloody hell look how huge she is".I'm still a size 18 though, with a lot of flabby bits. I'm thinking maybe 10 stone isn't enough to lose. 


I'm going to fully decide when I'm about 7lb away from target. But now I'm thinking it would be nice to lose 11 stone 4lb and settle at target there. Why 11 stone 4? It would take me to 11 stone 3lb. Which means I would be less than half of the person I was when I started at 22 1/2 stone. Which just sounds awesome! 


Anyway- so I've had a weigh in already this year. Started the year at 15 stone 13lb.


The scales on Tuesday said that I weighed 15 stone 8.5lb- a loss of 4.5lb! That's 9.5lb loss over xmas and new year- which is pretty damn awesome!


I'm 1.5lb short of my 7 stone award- guess what I'm going for this week?


The struggles this week. Well, I just can't stop eating naughty food! There is still xmas cake and there have been crisps around (sorry Jamie!) I just couldn't help myself!


Today though I have wiped the slate nice and clean. I had banana and yoghurt for breakfast and I'm about to heat up some spag bol to have with some couscous (I want to be different and not have spaghetti) with some tasty salad. I'm feeling nice and motivated and really want that 1.5lb off this week! A 7 stone award will look really nice on my fridge!


So that's me! New year, new start and all that! Not so much a new start, because I want to carry on what I was doing- but I'm feeling psyched up and ready to go. I'm going to be at target this year and I am going to look awesome in the summer!!!


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment