Wednesday 8 February 2012

Frostbite and Curry Loaf!

Holy moly is it ever cold here! I'm currently defrosting my hands with a mug of green tea! It may only be -2, but because we don't have central heating, it's so COLD in this room!! The tea is definitely helping though!


So it's a 1/2lb loss for me. Yeah, I  was a touch disappointed, but I wasn't 100% focused, so it's deserved. It's still 1/2lb closer to my end target!


After weigh in, I just said to myself "sod it"- I wanted a pizza, and I was having a pizza. Ok I still hadn't earned it but it was something that was just playing on my mind, for 2 weeks. So I said to myself that I'd have it, then jump right back on the wagon.


It was nice, I really enjoyed it. Then I was silly and ate a whole box of meringue shells (at 15 syns for the box) so I was really disappointed in myself. I did, though, do an hour and 20 mins on the wii fit before bed, that at least burnt off the calories of the meringue!!


Today, I have been really good. I walked to asda to get a few bits and half way back, I bumped into a lady from my local SW group. She mentioned that she wanted to make a curry loaf and I realised that I forgot the ingredients for it (I wanted to make it myself). So I walked back to asda with her, hunted down the ingredients and made my way home to do some cooking!)


Now- I haven't done a recipe for a while- but here is one- because it really is awesome and you should try it!!


Curry Loaf


1 packet mild curry savoury rice
1 tin of Asda chick pea dahl (note- if you're on Slimming World, it can't be just any brand- some have syns so you have to be careful!)
3 eggs
Frylight


1) Make up the savoury rice as instructed
2) Beat the eggs and mix in the dahl and the cooked rice.
3) Spray a loaf tin with frylight and add the mixture
4) Cook in the oven at gas mark 6 (ish) for 30 minutes.


This may not look amazing in the picture, but I assure you this is just lovely- as long as you like the taste of curry. It's really filling and great to have with a load of veggies. I stir fried the left over stir fry veggies in the fridge, with a bit of soy sauce and had some loaf with it- it was amazing!!


I've been really good today. I've not had many syns, and I've filled up on free food. I've done an hour and a half of exercise (all walking- but since I've got to rest my shoulder that's not really a bad thing- I've got to do something!) I've drank a lot of green tea, hoping that the goodness of the tea will flush out the system and help improve my losses. I've actually had no milk today- which is a first. I had philly light as my healthy A- with some carrot sticks, it was really nice!!


Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for lunch. Last time we met up I ended up having a creamy pasta dish because there was nothing SW friendly. Tomorrow though, we are going to a place just round the corner. It doesn't have much of a variety apparently, but I could have salad and jacket spud. My friend is on SW too, and she's doing amazingly well (she's one of my "recruites" and I'm so chuffed at how well she's doing) so it'll be good to have a bit of moral support.


Right, that's me for tonight, I need to finish my tea and get in my pit! Lots to do tomorrow.

Hope you lot try out the loaf- really, it's so nice!!



Much Love,
Tanya x

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to trying this it looks fab :) what do you normally have it with? or is it nice just on its own?
    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great with some salad in my opinion :) since it's got carbs (rice) in it, i wouldn't have it with anything else. Maybe a few boiled spuds if you're having it as a big dinner, with veggies. But it was filling enough to have it with just rocket and tomatoes :) x

      Delete