Tuesday 21 August 2012

Woman of the Year 2012!

Wow! What an amazing day!

I was so nervous about group tonight, public speaking is petrifying! The room was packed! Once I started though I couldn't stop! Turns out I talked for 15 minutes! Eek!

The other ladies that nominated were amazing- their speeches were great, really motivational. It just proved even more how amazing our group is!

Then it went to vote, and I was so nervous!

But Julie then announced that I was the Tuesday 5pm group winner! I could have cried! I was always aware that weight loss doesn't have a lot to play, it's more the story, how peoples' life had changed. I know my life has changed so much, but so has other peoples' and it was such an honour to be voted in by members of my group. 


I got a lovely sash, flowers and a certificate- and a sticker (of course the bestest thing!!!) to go on my book!



If anyone told me 2 years ago, even just 18 months ago, that I would be able to stand up in front of a group of 25 people, one or 2 of them complete strangers, and talk to them about how I'd lost 10 stone 2.5lb in 14 1/2 months. How my life was in a dire state but now I'm happy, healthy and feel like I have a purpose in life, I probably wouldn't believe them. I always wanted to lose weight- I just never thought I could.

I love being proved wrong!!

To people who read this, who have just started your journey, are half way or nearly there- look! It can be done! I hear the saying "if I can, anyone can" a lot- but it is so true! I am just a regular girly- nothing special about me, only that I have lost weight and am building my life up!

If you feel in the depths of despair, feel like you are failing, feel as though you just want to give up. Just keep clawing on. It DOES get better. Just keep at the SW plan, write everything down, talk to your consultant and/or other members, get that support that you deserve!


The only way you are going to fail is by giving up completely. The odd gain, the odd blip- that is NOT failing- that is showing strength that you can keep dusting yourself off and getting back on that wagon!

Most importantly- you are WORTH the effort- remember that!!

Tomorrow I am having lunch with Caz and my lovely friend, Wendy. Then I'm chilling at Caz's, staying over and visiting her amazing group on Thursday. 

My life is awesome- I am so blessed! 

Long may it continue!

Much Love,
Tanya x  

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! You totally deserve it for all of your hard work!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats well done do you have a facebook page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Cathy- not a page, but I have facebook if you would like to add me- feel free

      https://www.facebook.com/tanya.flutterby

      Delete