Wednesday 20 February 2013

Cake cake caaaaaaaaaaake (and Slimmer of the Week!!)

Hellooooooooooo!!! Remember me? It's Flutterby here! Long time no speak!

I hope you've all liked my facebook page- I do updates on there when I have to do a "post" and "run". Thanks everyone for the support- We're at 150 likers!! That's amazing! Thank you all.

So where to start?

Well I had a really good week- I was focused, on plan 100% and the scales awarded me with a 3 1/2lb loss! Ok I was daftly hoping for 6 1/2 off so I could get rid of my gain in 2 weeks -but come on! I lost 6lb in just under 2 weeks, Tanya will take that one. I'm very pleased and my hard work paid off.


I also got Slimmer of the Week for the first time since around June of last year (I got to target the first week in July). I forgot what it was like to receive the tasty fruit basket! 

My friend, Sami took a picture of me with my SotW award in a new top I bought on Monday. It's a size 10 and I can't believe how slim I look- even I can see it! Sometimes I find it so hard to accept my new size, even now. But that picture- especially next to my "before" piccy really shows me how far (physically) I have come. It's amazing, empowering and a bit of an emotional moment!

Here is said picture:


I'm starting to love the hair actually! Thinking of getting a fringe cut in. The one thing that didn't seem to change in forever was my hairstyle. 

So new Tanya, that must come with a new hairstyle, right?

I always worried about short hair. I spent so long hiding my face or hiding as much of myself as possible with my long hair.....So it sounds sad but shorter hair means it's one less thing to hide behind.

I love the top- my best mate and I bought the same top- what can I say- we have amazing taste!! I even ventured out in the daytime without my comfy jeans! Who am I and what have I done with Tanya? Haha!

Anyway- I went out on Saturday night, too. Me and a few mates went into Liverpool for a little dance. I wore the gorgeous Hell Bunny dress that I bought a couple of weeks ago. The one in an EXTRA BLOODY SMALL!!!! Yes!!! I have more piccies of that too:




It was a fantastic night, I had such a laugh- I enjoyed dancing and it was great to not feel self conscious! (Ok I did a little bit but I always hated going out especially at night with drunk people around!)

Anyway back to this week- I enjoyed a lovely curry with friends after weigh in and today I was right back on plan 100%. I am aiming for 3lb off to get the rest of my gain off! I'm 8.5lb away from my 11 stone award and I would like that in the next few weeks!

I mentioned cake, didn't I? Be honest- that's the only reason why you're here, isn't it? 

I have made an amazing cake (Thanks to my amazing twin, Caz, for giving me the recipe) that is only TEN SYNS for the lot!!! And it tastes like cake!!! The picture isn't great- it was the last piece, the rest was devoured (mostly by moi to be fair!) but all the more reason to make another one soon!

My recipe is slightly different, this is my take on it (i just changed the flavouring by the way)

You need:

6 eggs
2 oz self raising flour
2 tsp baking soda
6 tbsp sweetener.
strawberry flavouring

1 Tub of Quark soft cheese
2-3tbsp sweetener
lemon flavouring.
Frozen (or fresh) berries.

1) Whisk the eggs, sweetener and flavouring to within an inch of it's life! (Use an electric whisk here- that's a necessity- whisk for a good 10 minutes until it's tripled in size)
2) Sieve and gently fold in the flour and baking soda
3) Place evenly into 2 sandwich tins and bake in the oven, gas mark 6, for about 11 minutes (I kept it in for 15)
4) Take out of the tins and leave to cool
5) Mix the quark, sweetener and lemon flavouring. Place on top of 1 of the cakes and put the other cake on top to make a "sandwich".
6) Put any left over quark mixture on the top of the cake, decorating with your berries.

That's it! It has a great consistency- I love it!! I may just make some for the members of the Tuesday 5pm group if they're very nice to me, haha.

Ok that's me for now! I'm tired- and the alarm is going off at 3.30am for work!! 

Ni night you lot!
Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment