Monday 16 April 2012

Allergies and Awards

Hiya! Quick update from me, since it's been a whole week!


I've been a bit ill lately, mainly due to working on checkouts all of last week. Long shifts sitting under those damn fans= a terrible chesty cough and a throat so saw it would have been less painful if i sat at home swallowing glass shards! Also, the weather has changed constantly, which makes my sinuses play up something chronic. So I've been really fuzzy, ill and grumpy!


Other than that though... I've not been too bad!


I'm actually happy I've been on checkouts- apart from the icky sicks! I love it there, it makes time go quicker and I feel less panicky than being on the shop floor, between awkward customers and a colleague who (I know- bunny moment) I thought had it in for me. They didn't- I was just being paranoid and uber sensitive. 

I have, though, got this week off. The manager didn't sort my rota out- so she told me to pick up some overtime- and there wasn't any- so time off! Plenty of time to recuperate and get some energy back!



On to Tuesday, last Tuesday anyway! I lost 2lb- which got me my 9 stone award! I was pretty chuffed to say the least. I was expecting to only lose 1 1/2lb, so was totally planning on having to wait another week for the award! I had my "treat" last week, pizza and an easter egg. That was my treat for getting into the next stone bracket, just a bit delayed because of lent. Straight back on plan the next day though and I've been 100% since.


My shredding has been on pause for the last few days, just because I've been so unwell. But hoping to get back on it tomorrow night, all being well! I didn't want to stop doing it- but a few days ago I got as far as completing the warm up and doing 2 walking press ups before getting dizzy and nearly knocking myself out! So I decided to give it a miss, until I was feeling physically fitter. I do miss it though! I can't wait to get back on it!! (I know- I'm weird!)


I went to a Slimming World opportunities event on Saturday, with a fellow member. We were only half an hour late (considering we both suck at directions/maps/road signs, I thought we did pretty well! heehee). The District Manager did the talk, explaining how much time goes into becoming a Slimming World consultant and the financial costs involved. It is pretty expensive, but I'm sure it would be worth it after a while! It's definitely something I want to do in the future! Just not until I'm at target and not until I've sorted my head out! Give me a year- I might be ready then!


Anyway, so tomorrow, I'm going for coffee with Chris then off to my weigh in at 5pm. I am hoping for a nice loss, since I have been good- even if my exercise has been lax lately. Hoping to up the exercise, maybe even get some swimming in this week since I'm not working! We shall see!


This Thursday will mark exactly a year since I started Slimming World. It truly is amazing how much of a difference just 1 year makes. Thinking what it was like this time last year...and thinking about the person I am now, it really is unbelievable. I can't tell you how much better I feel, both inside and outside. I'm still very much a work in progress, but I'm getting there.


It makes it even more worthwhile when people tell me how they find me inspirational and keeps them focused and determined. I love helping people- and I always said if I helped at least 1 other person get to where they wanted to be, by following my example and my progress, then I would be one happy flutterby. I'm very very very happy!


Now- it's time for bed- lots to do tomorrow, it's a great big day tomorrow! With hopefully a great big loss- we shall see!


Much love,
Tanya x

1 comment:

  1. I tell you what Tanya, you've certainly motivated me! I've had a read through your blog and I can't believe how hard you've worked. It helps me believe that I can do it as well , so thank you! I've recently started running, which I'm finding really hard at the moment, but I'm hoping it will get easier soon :-O

    Congratulations on your achievement so far - it's great to see you stick at it, even through the ups and downs!

    Hev xx

    ReplyDelete