Thursday 16 August 2012

Being Nominated and Food Stuff

Hello there! Bet you're surprised to see me 2 days on the trot! Here I am! 

So today- I got "the text" off Julie! I am one of the finalists for 5pm group WOTY!!! I swear I feel about 10 foot tall right now, grinning from ear to ear! I am over the moon to be nominated, I truly am!

On Tuesday, all the finalists (there are 4 of us in our group) do a little talk- to say how our life has changed, what SW has done for us etc. Then the people in the group vote and the winner is announced! Hopefully on the same day! I am nervous already! 

Ok so I have a couple of things to recommend, if you haven't had them before then I suggest you go out and try them- because they are awesome.

The first thing- Doughnut Peaches. 

I remember last year, Julie (my consultant) asked if I wanted to try a doughnut peach. My eyes lit up and asked "is it syn free??" to which she replied "it's just a peach, Tanya". Slightly disappointed- until I tasted it! Oh my goodness! 

They are a lot sweeter than normal peaches, and so easy to eat! Albeit a bit messy- so lean over the sink when nomming, if possible! They're not the prettiest of things, but trust me, they are awesome. Get some superfree in- eat a doughnut peach or 2.

They're £1 a punnet (6 in a punnet) in Asda right now. Apparently they're not in season for much longer so fill your boots while you still can!

The other thing- Quorn Sticky Fillets.

Great if you're a veggie- great if you aren't! They are the quorn chicken pieces with a marinade on. I think there are only 2 flavours- BBQ and Ginger, chilli and lime. I've only had the Ginger ones (had 2 for my din dins tonight in fact). I personally think they are gorgeous.


Syn free on ALL plans!! Happy days!

They're in the freezer aisle. I got my first batch from Asda (2 packs for a fiver) but right now (being a bargain hunter) they have them in Morrisons, £1.25 for  pack. The deal isn't on forever though so get down there and get a pack of each- just to see if you like them- you may as well!


Anyway- so that's my lecture done for tonight- get shopping tomorrow people!

Now- here are my noms for today!

Breakfast

5 scan bran
2tbsp sweetener
1/2 tub berries
banana
banana custard muller light

Lunch

1 slice wholemeal bread (from 800g loaf)
wafer thin ham
spring onions
rocket salad
tomatoes

Dinner

2 quorn sticky fillets (chilli ginger and lime)
1/2 pack mushroom stir fry (done with frylight)

1/2 tub good for you fromage frais
1/2 punnet strawberries
summer fruits
2 meringue nests (5 syns)

Snacks

2 doughnut peaches
1/2 punnet strawberries

Drinks

2x coffee w/ skimmed milk ( 1 1/2 syns) - not measured
1.5l water
1 tea (with 50ml 1% milk)
250ml 1% milk (as a milkshake)

It looks like a red day to me! When I got home from work I wasn't feeling particularly hungry, even though I knew I had to eat- so did without any rice/pasta/spuds. I'm ok with that- I'm not hungry (even though a rocky road would be nice but there's a huge mammoth spider in the kitchen so I'll do without thanks!!!) 

6 1/2 syns for the day- 36 1/2 syns so far this week. Healthy A was the milk and my 2 B's were the scan bran and the piece of bread.

Lots of superfree too- I love my fruit and veggies!!

Ok it's time for bed- taking some more water up with me. I'm in work at 10am, which I nearly forgot about! But I'm looking forward to a few days off next week, so I don't mind working long hours for the next few days!

More food soon!!

Much Love,
Tanya x

2 comments:

  1. I adore those Sticky Fillets!! i normally have 2 with a whopping pile of fresh veg hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gotta have 2! any less would just not be enough! :)

      Delete