Wednesday 15 August 2012

New Food Diary and Working Through The Pain

Hello you guys!

Maintain for me this week- I was hoping for a loss but considering how reckless I was last Tuesday, I think it was a good thing to have maintained. Next week will hopefully be different though!

So I've been doing this body magic challenge thing on the SW website. Basically you pick a challenge- all of them are different distances- like a marathon, or the length of the Thames (a lot of it is GB or Olympics themed) and you try to do a bit each day to get to the end of the challenge.

Of course I go for the big one- Lands End to John O'Groats! 606 miles!


You do either walking, running, swimming, cycling or even rowing (any exercise really) and just update it each time you do it. I try to do at least 2 miles a day when I can- even if it's just power walking to work!

I've been doing the challenge for a week now and I have already done 27.1 miles!! It doesn't even seem that far at all! It all adds up!

So that's something keeping me motivated.

Anyhoo- so I've been struggling something terrible with my back again lately. I can't remember if I've mentioned it in a previous blog- but I went to see a physio 2 weeks ago and apparently my pelvis is all meffed because of the amount of weight I've lost. Basically- it's just the difference in the way I stand. Obviously the extra 10 stone put a lot of strain on my joints and muscles and it's just going to take some adjusting.

Working doesn't help- sitting at the till on the wheely chairs. I was doubling over in pain yesterday and today at times. It's been brutal. But I've not let it stop me!! I just have to keep going and I will!

So I've decided (thanks to Pam after I visited her amazing group in Birkdale last week!) to keep a food diary- to keep in check with everything. Because I would like to be at the bottom end of target next week which is 2.5lb away. This "going for gold" thing is keeping me motivated!

She told the group to get the food diaries and write everything down (if you nibble it, scribble it- which I have heard before, heehee) The only downside to the SW food diaries are they're too small- its either my writing is too big or i eat too much! Either way I always run out of room!

So I'm going to keep an online record too! My food diary for today (Wednesday)


Breakfast

Banana
Muller Light yog

Lunch

2 egg omelette with bacon and onion
2 skinny lizzies (2 syns)
mushrooms and tomatoes
tin baked beans

Dinner (during break in work)

Roast chicken mugshot
2 doughnut peaches
2 mandarins
large handful grapes

Supper (really dinner- after i got in from work)

2 hot and spicy chicken pieces 
Egg noodles
2/3 tub Oriental Bean Stirfry
Soy Sauce

5x scan bran (with 2 tbsp sweetener)
rhubarb muller light
summer fruits and extra raspberries

Snacks

Banana Custard muller light
Raspberries
1/2 punnet grapes
3x rocky road hifi lights (2 as heb, 1 as 3 syns)

Drinks

1 tea
1 coffee
200 ml 1% milk (rest of hea)
1.5 litre water
500ml diet cranberry blue charge (like red bull)

So today- 5 syns (the skinny lizzies and rocky road bar). And my total syn count to 30 (I had a chippy treat for staying in target- not the worst thing to have- special fried rice at 19 syns for the whole lot- which I had. I had 3 hot choccies during the day- 6 syns- total of 25. Much better than the 150+ I stupidly had last tuesday!!!!)

Feeling good- albeit a bit sore! But I'm looking forward to my week ahead. Next wednesday I'm going back to Southport to harass Caz and visit her group on the Thursday, which I'm really excited for!

Tomorrow is hopefully going to be sunny and still warm as I'm planning on doing a lot of walking before work at 6!

Now it is time for bed, need my rest

Much Love,

Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment