Wednesday 1 August 2012

feeling run down and diet coke chicken

yoohoo!


Again, sorry it has been so long between posts- I can't even tell you how busy life has been for the last few weeks....actually- I can, and I will tell you!


I worked 36 hours last week, between Asda and the off licence. Which is something that I'm not used to- I haven't done that many hours for a while. I only had 1 day where I had no work, which was last Tuesday but even then I was constantly on the go.


Caz came to visit, we had a lovely day. We nipped to Asda to get her sausages and my berries, then I got weighed (2 on, but still in target) and we went to Brigitte's for lunch. We did a lot of walking- we had a wander along the prom back to the train station- I went straight to my SW group then (because I love staying at my 5pm group- even if I've been weighed beforehand) and stayed to take the money for the 7pm group. Basically it was a good, social day but very tiring!


As the last few weeks have gone on, I've been getting more and more physically exhausted. I'm not sleeping as well as I want to and the amount of work hours I'm doing it's just running me into the ground a bit. Initially I was ok, but now my mind is starting to go. You know when you're just that tired you start making basic mistakes? I do seem to be working slower- mentally I mean- counting out change takes longer because the brain is starting to slow a bit. Not much that it's terribly noticeable to others- but I can tell. 


That and I've started to get a lot more emotional than usual. Most of the time I'm pretty stable (*most* of the time, heehee) but lately I've found myself feeling more fragile and vulnerable- which is something I don't have time for right now!!


So yes- feeling extremely run down and don't seem to have any time to rest. Again, the 1 day off work this week (Tuesday again) was full of visits and appointments. I had a meeting in the morning followed straight away by a physio appointment (because of my back) then to see my dad because he was going back to work today. Followed by shopping, sorting the cat out, and getting weighed. 


Actually, I didnt get home from visits after group (went to see my friend mike to see how he was doing, he's having a rough time of it at the moment) until gone midnight- then I was up for work today at 8.30!


So pretty damn exhausted.


Weigh in- oh yes.


I lost 4.5lb this week!! Oh my goodness! I wasn't expecting that! The lowest weight I have ever been in my adult life (12st 3.5lb) and my bmi is 23.9. I am near the bottom of my target so have to be careful- but I have had big treats already and I have a meal friday (Chinese with a few friends) so I doubt that I'll be losing at all! but maybe 1lb gain would be ok- don't want to gain too much!)


Anyway- quick recipe (are you still reading? jolly good!)

Diet Coke Chicken- yay! A classic recipe for us SW'ers! It's  lot like sweet and sour. If you like sweet and sour you should like this!



Syn free on EE


1lb diced chicken breast
1 large onion
large handful mushrooms
1 pepper
1 can (or 330ml) diet coke (or pepsi max/coke zero etc)
6 tbsp passata
splash Worcestershire Sauce
herbs and spices to taste (chinese 5 spice is popular)


1) brown chicken in frying pan sprayed with frylight
2) chop onion, mushroom and pepper, add to chicken and fry for a few minutes
3) add the coke, passata, herbs and Worcestershire sauce
4) leave to simmer on a medium heat until thickened.


Note- make sure you don't keep a lid on the pan- it doesn't thicken up if you cover up!


I served mine with stirfry veggies and rice- it was lovely! 


This is meant to serve 3-4 but come on, this is me we're talking about! 2 meals for me- with lots of superfree!


Ok time for bed for me. Was hoping to be in bed by midnight but didn't quite make it- close though!


I'm up at 6.30am to get ready for my day- I'm looking after my cousins while my aunt and uncle go to work- then it's straight home for noms and a quick change then to work for 5 and a bit hours! 


Hopefully the rota will finally be out- been putting my life on hold because I don't have a clue what I'm working next week- praying I have weds evening and thursday morning off so I can pop over to southport to harass Caz- I need a day away to be honest- I think that would really help with my mood!


Anyway- off I go!


Much love, 
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment