Thursday 7 March 2013

Being Social and practicing opposites

Hiya- just a quickie for me, it's past 3am and just got on here! Daft eh? Good thing I'm not in work tomorrow! 

I have been put in for overtime at work- I thought I had 2 shifts until my week off- it's now 3- I'm in on Saturday. But it's money at the end of the day!

I made plans to meet up with a friend who I haven't seen in forever. We went for lunch at the Hungry Horse (my usual haunt it seems!) It was a great few hours- chatted lots and had a great catch up!

Being the social flutterby, I went out tonight too with friends. I was feeling in a bit of a funk, if I'm being honest and I didn't want to go- but I was once told to "practice opposites" as in if I didn't want to do something and it was good for me- go do it! I'm glad I went, it was a good evening.

The night finished with helping a friend in need- just someone who needed a friendy ear and shoulder and I had both to spare! To be honest my head hasn't been screwed on right at all today- I had a panic attack on the way to work (not the worst ever but it shook me up a bit) and it just carried on all day with things happening.

Basically- me picking up stuff that I shouldn't pick up. Other peoples' opinions of me for example. I know I shouldn't pick it up, I should just leave it but it's hard when you're a chronic people pleaser such as myself. I hate conflict so when there's conflict, I panic- stick my head in the sand.

Anyway- practicing opposites- I want to hide and I'm not going to....no matter how appealing and easy it seems....

Back to food- always about the food. 

I've been on plan again today- not actually eaten as much as I usually do- go me!

Breakfast- rocky road and banana
Break- beans and tomatoes, apple, 2 satsumas
Lunch- chicken sizzler skewers with jacket spud and side salad (I count 3 syns for the piri piri sauce as according to the guy I paid- nothing is actually cooked in oil- and nothing was oily!) punnet strawberries for pudding
Dinner- 2x skinny lizzies (2 syns) 2x rosemary saussies, mash (with spring onion, chives, garlic and a bit of cajun spice- and a spoon of quark to make it creamy) with mushy peas and salad.
Snacks- yoghurt, punnet grapes, 2 slices melon, rocky road

Total syns- 5
HEA- milk
HEB- rocky roads

So....pretty good- maybe not enough- knowing me- and only 1 yog? what's that all about??

Tomorrow- day off work. I'm having lunch with a friend and if I can find the gel seat for my bike, a cycle down to see my Granddad- as he's not well at the moment so want to go see him. Body Magic is a bonus!

Can you tell I'm totally serious about this weight loss thing? Definitely want a better loss than last week!


Oh and not had a sneaky look at those scales- have no clue what I weigh- it's hard when you're an obsessive weigher! But I needed to kick it into touch that's for sure!

Right- bedtime.

Goodnight!

Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment