Friday 8 March 2013

New Day (Thank Goodness For That!)

Hi everyone just a quickie again- work in the morning and need my sleep! It's going to be a busy day!

Today is much much better than yesterday- which I knew was possible anyway! A decent sleep helped with upping my mood that's for sure.

I had a lovely lunch with Chris and later in the afternoon I headed over to see my granddad. It's not that far to his, about half an hour on the train. I actually got off the train one stop earlier for a bit of body magic- because that is how I roll!

I enjoyed my time with Granddad- he hasn't been well- a case of the flu- but he's getting better by the looks of it!

I walked back to the station and got the train most of the way home (Mum and Arty picked me up which was mighty nice of them!)

Then it was dinner time- I was rather hungry- cooked myself a lovely spag bol- nice and simple and really quick. Recipe? Oh ok then:

1 1/2lb extra lean mince
2 oxo spag bol cubes (don't ask me where you can buy them- my consultant gave me them a few weeks ago so have no clue)
1 carton passata
1 large onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
half a dozen cherry tomatoes
garlic and mixed herbs (to taste)

1) brown off mince, drain any excess fatty bits
2) chop the onion, peppers and tomatoes and add to the mince.
3) crumble in the oxo cubes and mix well, fry for 2 minutes
4) add the passata with the teeniest bit of water just to make more sauce
5) mix in some garlic and mixed herbs (maybe about a teaspoon of each- depending on how you like it)
6) leave to simmer for about 10 minutes on a low heat just to cook through

I had mine with pasta and salad- syn free and quick and easy!!!

Food for today:

Breakfast- berries, yoghurt and rocky road 

Lunch-chicken sizzler (3) with jacket spud, grilled tomato and side salad
Dinner- syn free spag bol with pasta and salad. banoffee yog for pud (1/2)
Snacks- 2 hard boiled eggs, punnet strawberries, rocky road, galaxy hot choc (3)

HEA- milk in tea/coffee/hot choc
HEB- rocky road x2
syns- 6 1/2

Still on track! So still hopeful for Tuesday- half way there!!

Right, off to bed now- busy day (going to get my speed soup out of the freezer for a quick lunch tomorrow!

Much Love,
Tanya x

P.S. If you haven't already- check out my Fat Flutterby Page on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment