Tuesday 5 March 2013

Disappointment and Putting Things Into Perspective

Hi everyone! A late one tonight- only just eaten and settled down after checking facebook.

Today's weigh in....well....I wasn't extremely elated, let's put it that way. My scales were telling me that I was on the way to putting 1lb on! I was devastated- and I took it as gospel.

Rule number 1- don't weigh on different scales- and definitely don't take them seriously- they lie!

I stepped on the big black box and...

Lost 1/2lb.

I would be telling porkies if I said I was happy with that loss. No- I was gutted initially. 53 syns all week. No "eff it" Tuesday. Extra body magic. Measuring everything that needed to be measured.

For. Half. A. Pound.

Anyway- 5 minutes later I was sitting in my seat by the little Slimming World shop and I was fully accepting of the loss. Do you know why? Because it's a loss! I'm lighter now than I was this time last week. 

Most importantly- in 6 1/2 weeks it will mark 2 years since I started on this weight loss journey and right now I am sitting here 10 stone 5lb lighter. 

That odd half a pound or a pound, doesn't sound like much sometimes, in the whole scheme of things- but they all add up! If it wasn't for that half a pound, I wouldn't have lost what I have lost!

So why am I disappointed? I'm not! After the initial dummy-spitting I remembered the most thing which is this:


2 years ago I would never have thought a picture like this would be taken. Wearing a sash and holding a certificate (and pretty flowers!) to celebrate being the Greatest Loser in my group with nearly a 10 1/2 stone weight loss.

Don't get me wrong- I was hopeful when I joined- but I never thought I could do it. 10 stone was a lot of weight to lose- and god knows I had tried so many times and failed.


There are so many things I can do now that I couldn't do when I was 23 stone. Like getting up the stairs without collapsing in a heap at the top. Going for walks, even crossing my legs and painting my toenails! 


Those little losses add up to BIG losses. As long as we keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep on plan we will win the battle of the bulge and get to our target! That's all that matters!

My plan of action this week- because I am hoping for a better loss this week:

1) I am going to be 100%
That's a given- measure everything that needs to be measured, eat my superfree, have my minimum of 5 syns a day and no more than 15. 
2) I'm going to do more body magic.
I'm going to try and blow the dust off the Wii Fit. I'm also going to try and find my dad's gel seat for the bike and get on it! Even walking- I've got my comfy shoes!
3) I'm not going to get on the scales!
I'm a prolific scale hopper. I do suffer with mild OCD when it comes to things and I am addicted to getting on the scales.......so no scales this week- nope- not at all- just you watch!

4) I am going to take it easy.
I'm not going to stress constantly about losing on Tuesday- or try not to at least! Just take each day as it comes and enjoy it! That's it....
5) I'm going to keep a food diary
Yes- again! Just to keep up with what I'm eating- it keeps me focused and on track. Also you guys can see it and can tell me off if I missed something- if I counted something as free if it isn't......

5 steps to success right there! Well, that's what I'm going to do and hope that it pays dividends next week!!

I'm elated to be the Conservative HQ's Tuesday 5pm Greatest Loser. I'm a proud member of my group and I love going every week. I've got a lovely consultant who has the patience of a saint and has supported me and helped me get to where I am now. The members are amazing (not just at 5pm but I regularly visit the 1pm group and do the shop at the 7pm group) and every single person who has lost even 1lb since joining I am inspired by- it's the truth!

It doesn't matter how much weight you have to lose- if it's 10lb, 10 stone or more. Your journey is yours. That weight that you're carrying- you want it gone. You don't want it. It might be for any number of reason- but you want to lose it and you're working towards getting to target and hoping to enjoy maintaining your weight loss!


I'm not lucky to have lost the weight I have- which I do hear sometimes. Luck has nothing to do with it- hard work, perseverance and patience- that's what's got me here! Luck is waking up one morning and suddenly being a size 10....alas it didn't work like that.

What I am lucky for, however, is to be given a second chance at life. At 22, I was ready for the knackers yard. I thought that was it- my life was well and truly over. I was on heavy medication for depression, I was miserable, full of anxiety and fear and my physical health was just dire....

At 24 I am on reduced medication (hoping to be off them by the end of this year!) I have only had a small handful of panic attacks which is amazing progress and I am not limited due to my weight. Most of all- I like myself. I don't hate what I see in the mirror. I have some pride in myself and I am happy. When I have a smile on my face it means I'm happy- it doesn't mean that I am pretending to be happy to please others and to hide a whole list of issues going in my head.

It's awesome- my life is awesome.

Right- enough of being philosophical and stuff- let's get down to food.

Breakfast- rocky road, apple, banoffee yog (1/2 syn), tea w/25ml 1% milk (1/2 syn)
Lunch- (didn't have any- naughty! was too nervous about weigh in- need to stop doing that!!)
Dinner- bowl syn free chilli, large punnet strawberries, yoghurt, tub mini meringues (10 1/2 syns for the whole tub)

Supper- rest of the chilli, 40g cheese, boiled rice and salad. jelly (1 syn) yog and grapes for pudding 

Syns- 12 1/2 
HEA- measured cheese
HEB- rocky road x2

Tomorrow I'm in work so will have fruit ready to munch on. I'm going for lunch with a friend but she's on Slimming World too so it'll be a low-syn lunch!

Right! Alarm is going off in 4 1/2 hours! Time for bed.


Ni night you lot!


Much Love,
Tanya x

P.S don't forget to check out and "like" my facebook page! <-- click for link!

No comments:

Post a Comment