Thursday 29 September 2011

I Got a Job!!

Oh yes!!! I do- my first proper job in over 5 years! I got a phone call at about 1pm off the lady who owns the off license. She asked if I could go in for 4pm. I had just left the house to go for a walk with my friend Kate, who I know from Slimming World. Well, of course I said yes. I went for a long walk around the park first and came home to get ready. 


I don't have many "interview" clothes. Mum said that I shouldn't get a pair of black pants because if I do, it'll jinx it- I won't get an interview or when I do the pants will be too big! What mum did do while I was out- she got my black skirt- which was a size 24 and took it in by 4 inches!! It's still got a lot of stretch but it definitely fits better! I wore a lovely size 22 shirt that I had put in a draw for months because when I bought it, the size 24 that I bought with it was really tight. 


Mum gave me a lift to New Brighton and waited for me. The interview went well. The boss asked me a few questions- about retail experience and stuff. She seemed to like what I said because I got offered the job! Ok it's 10 hours a week- 5-10pm Fridays and Saturdays, but it's extra pennies!


So I'm really chuffed- and nervous about my first day tomorrow!


Anyhoo- I know that I promised the paella recipe- but I am so tired, so I am going to leave it for tonight (sorry guys!) watch for it tomorrow! I'll find time for sure!


Crossing fingers for a really positive blog tomorrow night after my first shift!!! Watch this space!


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment