Tuesday 27 September 2011

Shiny Stickers and Noodles

I had a lovely day today. 


I went to the job centre and the appointment went well- have a few jobs to apply for and I'll do that tomorrow. Then walked to my dads (I was tempted to get the bus but it's only a 20 minute walk).

Then I went home and mooched and waited for my visitor- a lovely woman who I met on a weightloss forum (minimins.com- and amazing site!) We sat out back with a glass of juice and chatted. Then went for a long walk around the park on the way to weigh in. She had already been weighed so it was just me



Oh- I was not expecting to do well at all. It's my last week of the current 12 week countdown, not that it makes much difference.... I hopped on the scales **1.5lb off** That takes me to 4 stone 1lb lost- I got a lovely green certificate! I also got Slimmer of the Month for the 4th month running with 10lb total- I was over the moon!


 I worked out that in my first 12 weeks on Slimming World I lost 24.5lb. In my second 12 weeks I have lost 32.5lb. Yeah I did mess about a bit in my first 12 weeks- I had my birthday "week" (2 parties, 2 meals and a night out) and in 3 weeks I only lost 1lb.  I also had 1 gain in the first 12 weeks. This time I have lost every time. Which is awesome. This time I'm going to stick at it more. The next 12 weeks is the run up to Christmas (eeks! sorry- naughty word!) and my target for then is 20.5lb....but of course I would like more! 


I'm feeling very positive right now- looking forward to a great week. New month weigh in next week- October- wow- this year is flying. 19th October will be the 6 month mark. It would be awesome to get to the half way mark by then (5stone lost). Even though I know that 13lb in 22 days is rather unrealistic- I hope that I will be well on my way to it- so crossing fingers I will have my 4 1/2 stone award! The only person to get in the way of that is myself. So got to maintain a positive mental attitude. Yes! I can and I will do it!!


Now- on to dinner! I made Singapore noodles. This is in the Extra Easy cookbook (aka my bible!) I didn't include a couple of things- beansprouts and mangetout. But it was still awesome ;)


Serves 4


250g dry egg noodles
150g diced chicken breast
1 handful of cooked and peeled prawns
1 red/green pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp turmeric
2tsp curry powder
6tbsp dark soy sauce
2 eggs, lightly beaten


1) Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Cook the chicken in a non-stick frying pan add the prawns and dry fry until the chicken is lightly browned. Transfer onto a plate
2) Add the onion, peppers, garlic and spices to the frying pan. Cook until peppers and onion begin to soften. Add the drained noodles and 4 tbsp water and toss together. Add the soy sauce and stir for another minute
3) Push the noodles to 1 side of the pan and stir in the eggs. Cook, stirring for 1 minute then stir through the noodles. Add the chicken and prawns and toss to mix well


Serve with salad (my choice being tomatoes and rocket salad)


Not sure on dinner tomorrow- going to give it some thought. Something with chicken. Maybe a curry- who knows?


Hope you enjoy the recipes I've put up!


Much Love
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment