Friday 23 September 2011

A Waiting Game

I want a job!!!!! I am totally impatient. The realistic side of me is saying to myself "Right, my brother waited an age before he got a job and most of the time, when he applied for somewhere he got no response. Mine will be no different" But I am still shouting at my phone saying "Ring dammit!" Actually- I did do that before, and the phone did ring....but it was my mum asking me what flavour mugshots I wanted!


Oh well. Tomorrow is another day, and another chance to get a phone call with an interview offer!


Today was pretty pleasant. I went into Birkenhead with Mum, to Netto (where she works....for the next 3 days, before moving to Asda) and I saw one or 2 people who I haven't seen in a while. I did get one "ohhhh- you look skinny" comment- which was just lovely- made me smile. The woman who said that also thought I was a size 14-16, which made me smile even more. I wish! I'm a 20, but I will be a 14-16 eventually- and hopefully a tad bit smaller- not by much though


After that, Mum gave me a lift to work. It was so quiet. So I decided to stay on the shop floor and sort out the mess that was under the till (seriously- the rubbish people stick under there!) I left a bit early but it was really quiet anyway. My boss is off next week, so I have to work with someone else. I only usually work with 2 people (through choice) 1 is my boss and the other is a woman called Ann- who is pretty awesome- but boy does she talk a lot! We talk about politics when we work together (we both support the same political party- but she is actually a member of the party I support). Anyway- so yes, I'll be working with someone else on Monday! A little nervous but that's ok- I'm sure I'll be fine!


I had a lovely dinner today (because really- this is why you're here- you want another recipe- I can tell!). I made syn-free quiche, with savoury rice and salad.


How to make syn free quiche. Well- you need:
2 large eggs
1 tub of fat free (or virtually fat free) cottage cheese (i use about a 250g tub)
50g wafer thin ham (chopped into small pieces)
2 medium mushrooms
1/2 large orange or red pepper
1 medium onion
6-7 cherry tomatoes (halved)


1) chop the mushrooms, pepper, onion and tomatoes into smallish pieces and dry fry them for 2-3 minutes, until they go soft. Leave to cool for a bit
2) beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and mix in the cottage cheese. If you don't like lumpy bits you can use a blender to make it smooth- i personally don't mind
3) add everything else to the bowl and mix everything together
4) stick in an oven proof dish and bake in the oven (gas mark 6) for 25-30 minutes- or until its cooked in the middle (do the knife test to check)


Serve with salad, rice, pasta- whatever you want really. Can be eaten hot or cold


I had mine with Batchelor's chicken savoury rice (which is syn free on Extra Easy or Green days), spinach, watercress and rocket salad, and left over peppers and onions


For this you can basically put most things in. Just use the eggs/cottage cheese as a base. so if you want....chicken and broccoli for example, that could work- just add them instead of the veggies and ham!


Ok that's me for today- off to watch Celebrity Masterchef (my current vice at the moment)


Much Love
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment