Monday 26 September 2011

My name is Tanya and I am a yogoholic!

No- not a yoga addict- more a yoghurt addict! I think I need to curb this addiction at some point! 3 today. I mean, I'm telling myself that it could be worse- I could be going for the kitkats that are on the kitchen table, but I feel bad for eating lots of them....


I'm eating a bit better though- and I'm a bit more active. I walked to work and back, and mum and I walked around Liscard for a bit- I had to go to Iceland to get some prawns and onions for dinner tomorrow.


Today has been rather boring, for the most part. I did go to work- it was quiet and there wasn't much that needed sorting. 


Productive-wise, I typed up my appeal statement, filled out the forms and emailed them to the woman in charge of the paperwork. I've looked on the job centre website- nothing that I can apply for- and I'm not expecting the cafe or Home Bargains to call back. 


I enjoyed a nice phone call with my friend Marg this afternoon. I always enjoy our chats. I appreciate that she spends more or less her whole lunch break chatting to me, rather than relaxing before going back to work. Usually we just chat about nothing, sometimes it's nice for me to wind down and chat to her. The joys of cheap international calls!


Anyway- as promised- the recipe for today- spicy vegetable pakoras. They have been on the Slimming World website all week and I decided to just go for it and make some. 


(serves 2)
1 large potato (mashed with no butter/milk added)
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 large bag of frozen chopped vegetable mix (mine had sweetcorn, peas and green beans in), defrosted
1 tbsp curry powder (use mild, medium or hot to suit your own taste)
2 tbsp fat free yogurt
1 egg, beaten
Fry Light



1) Place potato, onion, defrosted veggies into a bowl and mix thoroughly
2) Stir curry powder into the yoghurt. Add to the bowl and stir
3) Beat egg and add into the mixture
4) Line a large baking tray with baking paper- to stop the pakoras from sticking. Spoon the mixture on to the tray in tablespoon sized "dollops"
5) Spray with frylight (1-2 sprays each) and stick in the oven for 30-40 mins (gas mark 6) until the outside of the pakoras are crisp and golden brown
6) Allow to cool for a bit so they become firmer


This recipe serves 2- and makes 10 pakoras. They are very tasty- I definitely recommend them!!!


I can't seem to upload the picture of them- so that'll have to wait I'm afraid- sorry about that!


Anyhoo- so if you try them- I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!!


That's me for tonight! Tuesday is nearly upon us- so weigh in in less than 24 hours! And I have a visitor coming tomorrow! Hopefully good things to report in my next blog- watch this space!!


Much Love,
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment