Thursday 22 September 2011

Long Distance Chats and Superspeed Soup

Today I had a lovely time chatting to a friend of mine who lives in Canada, who I haven't properly chatted to since I met her in Montreal. She's a lovely lady and it's just wrong that it's been so long! It really perked me up.


I'm still full of cold, but I'm sure it'll get better in the next few days.It's a bit of a pain really, because I can't exercise as much as I'd like to. I'm planning on catching up on my exercise over the weekend. 


I went to the Job Centre today. It was a bit frustrating- since the appointment was basically pointless. But stuff are getting sorted- I have another appointment on Tuesday- the first appointment with my advisor....hopefully he'll help me find a job!


Still no news on the jobs that I applied for- but there is still time- so keeping the fingers crossed!


I went to see my doctor. I have decided that I am going to appeal against the decision that uni made about my studies. If they change their decision- I will have to do the failed modules again, and hope to go onto the next year in September of next year. I'm working on getting my case ready. My doctor wrote a note about how I have gotten a lot better in the last 5 months, how my anxiety has lessened and I have a more positive outlook. Hopefully they will take into consideration that I wasn't in a great way last year, but that things have changed a lot. But like I said yesterday- if they decide that I shouldn't go back- that's ok


Now- food!


I had a lovely super speed soup today. Something I made a while back but stuck in the freezer. It's something that I was told helped aid weight loss. That would be because it is really filling- but it's full of veggies and more veggies! What I like to put in it:


2 carrots
1 leek
1 turnip
1 onion
handful of frozen broccoli 
1 tin mixed beans
1 tin baked beans
2 tins chopped tomatoes
handful lentils
1 1/2 pints beef stock


It's really easy to make- just chop up the veggies- throw them in a big pan with the beans/tomatoes and stock. add more water- to cover all veggies and bring to the boil
Boil the lentils in a seperate pan for about 5-10 mins, until soft, and add to the soup pan. 
Leave to simmer until the veggies are soft.


It does make a lot- and it's freezer friendly. You can leave it chunky or blend to a smoother consistency.


I like to add a teaspoon of philly light to a bowl of soup, heat up and mix in- to make it a bit creamier.


Ok its time for a cup of tea and possibly an early night. I have work tomorrow and I'm hoping to get rid of these sniffles!


Until tomorrow.... be well!
Much love
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment