Wednesday 28 September 2011

What a Mess!

Eton Mess that is! Well, my take on it anyway.


I realised that I haven't put up a dessert recipe. that would be because a lot of recipes that I've tried (scan bran cake being one of them) have been just gross! 


Anyway- so Eton Mess is pretty awesome and low syn. You need:


1 200-ish gram tub Quark (fat free soft cheese)
2 tbsp Canderel (maybe a bit more depending on your tastes)
4-5 large strawberries (cut into quarters)
10 raspberries
6 mini meringue shells (or 2 meringue nests) **the asda shells are 2 for 1.5 syns, nests are 2.5syns each. If you are unsure of syn values- with things like this, they are 1 syn per 20 calories**


1) Put the Quark in a mixing bowl and stir in the Candarel
2) mix in the strawberries, raspberries until the mixture goes a little pink
3) crumble the meringue into different sized pieces (however big or small you want) and mix it up.


That's it! it looks messy (must be where they got the name from!) But it tastes so nice :)


I made Paella for dinner- the recipe will go up tomorrow- promise :) Dessert was more important!!


I applied for a job today- an off license not far from my dad's. Just put my CV in. It's part time, weekend shifts-- so I'm hoping to get an interview *crosses fingers*


Walked for an hour today- feet are ACHING! But I feel good. Want to do some dancing in a bit- will see how I go. After a cup of green tea!


I love thinking positive. Some days I love my weight loss journey- days like today where the sun is shining and I am feeling energetic. I am slightly worried about the winter, because I do suffer with Seasonal Affective Disorder, it seems. I just need to push through it! Right now, I am feeling good and I am going to make the most of it!


Hope everyone has had an awesome day!
Much Love
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment