Friday 16 September 2011

Positive Mental Attitude!

Ok so today didn't start off great at all. I got my exam results- I didn't pass any outright- which I was genuinely shocked about. So my chances of going back to uni in 2 weeks went down the drain.

But instead of crying and curling up in my duvet, I decided to become proactive. I sent an email to a friend of mine to proofread (and she gave me some awesome pointers). I called up the benefits people to make a new claim for Job Seekers Allowance.

My mum sent me a message (from all the way upstairs lol) with a link to a job opening in a Sandwich Bar/Cafe place in Liverpool. It said it was preferred if the applicant had experience in healthy eating plans, like Weight Watchers and Slimming World. i was like "woo! fab!" But I then read that you need a food hygiene certificate...oh no! I don't have one of them!

Anyhoo- my dad is a cook, so I asked him about it- apparently they do them at my local college, so I shall call them and ask- hopefully it's free if you're on benefits....since i'm about £650 in debt. I would love to work there. It might be too late by the time i am "qualified" but that's ok. I can always apply for future jobs there, right? Also- a lot of places that are looking for waitresses/ kitchen workers want the same certificate- so at least I'll have it when I'm looking for such a job. *And* it's something to put on my CV, which is something I desperately need!!!

Okay- so! Dinner today was very yummy. I had syn free burger and chips, with salad and mushy peas. What? Yes! syn free burger and chips- how cool is that?

So- the recipe- if you haven't tried it before:

Burgers

1 lb lean mince (extra lean if you're getting it from asda- but our butchers is awesome)
about 6tsp finely chopped onion or shallots
3tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2tsp garlic granules (depending how much you like garlic)
1/2 beaten egg (optional- i've done it with both, I personally prefer it with)

Basically- put all the ingredients (apart from the egg) in a big bowl. mix with your hands, so everything is nicely mixed together.
Put in the 1/2 egg and mix again
Separate into about 6 bits and rub each bit until it's burger shaped.
If you have a tray with a griddle thing, use that and put it in the oven. Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes. If not- use your grill (we don't because our grill sucks!) Or a George Foreman grill machine

Now- you can either serve it on a wholemeal bun (6 syns or 1 for Healthy Extra B- if you're on SW) or have it without (i do)

On to the chips (of course- you would be multi tasking- but I'm giving you 2 seperate recipes so you can do it how you want)

Chips:
4 large potatoes
mixed herbs (optional)
frylight (or any other 1 cal spray)

Peel the spuds and cut into chip shapes. Put in a pan of boiling water, and leave on a med-high heat for 10-15 minutes. Drain, and put them back in the pan, place the lid on top and shake the pan to "rough up the edges" of the chips
Place on a baking tray. I then sprinkle the mixed herbs on them- if you don't then (obviously ) skip that bit.
Spray them with frylight (4-5 sprays is more than enough i think)
Bake in the oven at gas mark 6 for about 25-30 minutes, until brown.

The mushy peas, just make up as directed.
Serve with some nice salad.

My plate wasn't quite 1/3 superfree like guidelines state. But my SW consultant advises to have 1/3 superfree in your day. (for those who don't know what superfree is- it's most fruit and vegetables- something outlined in the slimming world literature, if you want to read up on it :) ) so i had a banana and apple with some greek yoghurt

Anyhoo- so- there's another recipe for you
Tomorrow I'm going to a party with some friends, and won't be back until silly o'clock- so there might be no update from me (aww) but rest assured- there will be a post on Sunday- with a recipe! Possibly a risotto dish (which is seriously yummy!) Watch this space

Much Love
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment