Sunday 9 October 2011

A day of ups and downs

I hate the change in the weather. When it gets cold and dark, I get miserable and unmotivated. I'm sure a lot of people are the same as me. Sometimes it's hard to just keep that motivation going.


But today- I managed a 4 1/2 mile walk! It took an hour and a half, because I had to have a couple of sit downs, but it was some good exercise! I was going to do some dancing just before- but I have really hurt my back, so thought it best to give it a bit of a rest.


Yesterday I weighed myself on the wii fit- ok not something that is recommended- but I do it on occasion anyway. It said that I had put on 2lb- since THURSDAY! I was devastated. I don't know where I went wrong. So I am working hard to get those pounds off and get a nice loss on Tuesday. It might have been because I ate a lot, really late on the Friday- all free food, but still very heavy and very late. I'm hoping that the random weight will disappear! But a bit more exercise and watching what I eat should help! Maybe some superspeed soup for one or 2 meals too!


Anyhoo- what else has happened?


Well- one of my best friends, who lives in Canada, recently became a grandma for the first time. I decided, when I was first told that her daughter was pregnant, to knit a blanket for the little fella. I never knitted before, so I had to learn pretty fast. Anyway- it took 7 months, and it got there about 3 weeks ago. Well, today, my friend's daughter got to see it for the first time- we chatted on skype (only for about 2 minutes) but I wanted to feel that I was there, and this seemed like the only way. 


She said she really liked it, and she took a picture of Alex asleep under the blanket. He is totally adorable- and I'm really chuffed that the blanket is still in one piece!! 


So- not much else has gone on- life is quite boring! Just trying to keep going and keep motivated while the weather is like this! I think that if I get a good loss next week it will keep me motivated- so fingers crossed!


Much Love,
Tanya x

1 comment:

  1. Don't weigh yourself on the wiifit - it is the fastest road to misery that I know! :)

    ReplyDelete