Tuesday 11 October 2011

Disappointed, Yet Determined

So weigh in was tonight. Even though I have been really good all week- I only lost 1.5lb. I was gutted! I wanted to lose 3lb to get under 18 stone- so only achieving half of that was really disappointing.


There are 2 new people (they're a couple), Today was their second weigh in. The guy of the group has lost 11.5lb in TWO WEEKS. Now, for slimmer of the month- if your first weigh in is in that month, then it's halved. Even with that, this guy is at about 8lb loss for the month so far. Me? 5lb! That's great, It's a good loss....BUT. I really wanted to get the award this month, because, not only would it be 5 in a row- but 5 in total- and there are 5 fridge magnets for SOTM, so wanted to get all 5....but next month I would want it too- getting half a year as slimmer of the month....


I know I'm too competitive for my own good sometimes- but that's what spurs me on! Also, I want to make people proud of my achievements (I struggle to do things for myself- but for other people I can keep pushing myself and actually do well...I know, I'm weird)


But, no. I'm really chuffed for him, honest. It's proof that Slimming World does work and more people joining up means more recipe ideas,  It's hard to explain why I like the little trinkets and stuff...it just seems to make things worthwhile. I don't see the fact that I've lost 4 1/2 stone (nearly). I can't seem to be chuffed with myself for it...It's nice to see things as proof of my achievement, since I can't see the weight loss myself...if that makes sense.


I am thinking forward. I would love to get to the Woman of the Year finals. Why? Because my consultant is AWESOME. She says she got to semi finals with one lady once. She deserves to have someone to get to the final- I'm serious. So I want to get into double figures by next August, to have more of a chance. I know that Woman of the Year is not all about the greatest loss...it's about who inspires others, amongst other things. But I would definitely love to be in that final next year!


So I need to work hard. Less eating really late (saying that I'm going to have a cereal bar after I've typed this- with a cup of tea) and more exercise. I'm also hoping to get my bum into gear when it comes to my sleeping. I need to be up at a decent hour and in bed before stupid o'clock. So that's my homework for this next week or so.


I have a deal with my dad (we shook on it and everything) If i get to target by my birthday (5 stone 8lb to go by May 4th) he will give me £100. Which I will put in a fund for whenever I can get back over to Canada to see my friends. Even if it's in 5 years- it's money for that. So another bit of an incentive! Dad reminded me that he and Mum agreed to give me money- £1 for each lb I lose....I personally think they should do that (Dad said it was each- so I would be £124 up!) But I doubt they will, heehee.


So I am feeling motivated- and determined for a BIG loss next week. I am going to stick to plan rigidly. I have also set myself a challenge to have one bowl of superspeed soup every day (be it for lunch, a snack or part of dinner) hopefully that will speed up my weight loss!


When I was walking home from my dad's just before- I noticed that a local pub is looking for bar staff. So tomorrow, I will be updating my CV and walking over to hand it in. Hopefully they will have hours that aren't friday and saturday nights- the extra money is kinda needed! So fingers crossed!


Ok- time to get that cup of tea!
I'll try and update more often than every other day- time seems to be disappearing for me at the moment!


Much Love, 
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment