Friday 7 October 2011

I haz monies!

Sorry about the lack of post yesterday- I was out with friends in Liverpool until about midnight, and just got distracted with one thing and another- I was too tired in the end and went to bed. 

Today has been a bit mad too- even though I realised I haven't done that much (isn't that always the case?)

Anyway- yes- I have money! Not much....just my first pay slip from work- that's £59.30 of hard-earned money! It might not be much,  but because I worked for every penny of it-I am so chuffed with myself! I learned how to do more stuff today- refunds on the different machines, cashing up, etc. I really like the girl I'm working with- she's easing me in gently, as it were. It's really helpful.The last thing I want is to have some kind of breakdown because there is too much to do. She's supportive- if I need the help, she's there. 

My feet didn't hurt as much at work, but they were still pretty painful. When I got home and swapped my trainers for slippers, I was in so much pain then, that it took me over a minute to get from where I am sitting now, to the kitchen....it normally takes about 10 seconds. I must remember to take painkillers with me tomorrow!

So yes- last night.

I went to a lovely bar in Liverpool to meet up with some friends. There were some people I hadn't seen for a few months. I got a few comments about how lovely I looked- that I was pretty and that it is now really noticeable that I've lost weight! One of my friends said that I look pretty too, because I smile more. Yes, I do feel a lot more confident and a lot happier now that I'm lighter and thinner....and I really hope that this good feeling just gets better as time goes on!

I'm still looking for another little job. Right now the £60 a week isn't enough to keep me stable. So hopefully I'll find another part time job through the week. It's just a pain that everything is advertised on the job centre website- and a million people see those adverts and apply. Because I'm not very qualified or experienced I don't get the job. It is very frustrating. Yes, financial insecurity is really getting me down. Not only do I want to get out of the red, but I want to pay my mum some money for food and bills. Also, I want to save up just in case I have the opportunity to visit Canada again in the next few years. I hate worrying about things. I know that right now I can't do anything about the fact that I have no money. I just need to accept the fact and move forward- take positive steps rather than to dwell on it. 

This too shall pass!

Right- time for bed for me- I need to rest my poor feet!

Night night
Much Love
Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment