Sunday 17 June 2012

I did it! (and Food Diary, day 5)

Before the Race!
Yep! I did it!! I completed the Race For Life and I ran/jogged the whole thing! No walking and no stopping!!! It was really emotional crossing the finish line, knowing that something I never thought I could manage, I did!


Because of the amount of people in front of us (we stupidly went with the joggers- next time we'll have to go with the runners!!) we didn't start until the timer said 1.50 and after about 10 metres we were stalled because of people just walking for a bit and causing "traffic" but after 100m or so we managed to get jogging- weaving in and out of people most of the way!


After about 2k or so I lost Kate, the friend I was jogging with, I overtook some people and happened to lose her but just kept going. 


Afterwards- pooped but feeling great!
Kate and I showing off our medals!
I hit a "wall" at about 3.5k or so and started to feel sick, but once I hit the 4km mark and knew I was nearly there, I was determined to finish! When I got to the last 500m I could actually see the finish line so was just going for it- and finished strong! The time on the timer said 33.54. So minus the stalled start and the time delay in starting I technically did it in under 30 minutes- which is awesome!


Next time though- we're going to start with the runners, rather than the joggers, because I jogged but at a quickish pace (having long legs has it advantages!) and it is less likely to be gridlocked at the start! That's the plan- definitely can't wait to do it again! Haha!





We went for lunch after- had a roast dinner with extra veggies and then we headed home. I was out more or less straight away- after getting changed- because I was heading to Chris's for a coffee and a natter, which I really enjoyed- I always do.


I then popped into the off licence to speak to my boss about something and went to see some friends down in New Brighton. 


All in all, it's been a very busy day! I am pooped and was hoping to get an earlyish night- yeah right!!


Ok so food- of course- it's all about the food- now to work out how many syns I've actually had!


Breakfast


summer fruit
yoghurt


Lunch


Chicken Roast:
Chicken breast
Roast potatoes (6)
Yorkshire pudding (3)
Gravy (2)
2x peas and carrots


apple
hifi light bar


Greek yoghurt (1/2)
2x coffee w/dash skimmed milk (1)


Small bowl "scouse" (1)
beetroot


Dinner


apple


roast beef
sweetcorn and peas
carrot and swede
boiled potatoes
roast potato (1)
syn free onion gravy


lemon curd


2x coffee w/ 50ml 1% milk
1x tea w/50ml 1% milk
hifi light bar


HEA- milk
HEB- hifi light bars
syns- 14 1/2 (couldn't do that again if I tried!!!!)
total syns for the week- 39

So ok today's syns were high but to be honest I deserved it! I still stuck to within my allowance which is great- I'm very happy with that! I ate well and exercised most of the syns off I'm guessing!


Anyway- back to my normal self tomorrow! Might be hobbling around a bit though!!


I have a social day ahead- which is awesome- looking forward to it- and hoping that all this hard work I've put in will pay dividends on the scales on Tuesday- 4.5lb off this week to get to target would be amazing- I am really hoping!!

Speak tomorrow!



Much Love,
Tanya x

1 comment: