Wednesday 13 June 2012

Lemon Curd, Lasagna and (finally!!) a Food Diary!

hi guys- long time no speak!! heehee


today has been hectic and boy am I ready for my bed! I will be going as soon as I have done this post- because I have a nice, busy day tomorrow.


Ok I wrote out exactly what I ate today. I'm going to play around with the colour of font and stuff to make things a bit more interesting (I like playing with new things!!!)


Breakfast


3x satsuma
Tea w/ 50ml milk


Lunch


3x skinny lizzie sausages (3)
2x fried egg
3x rashers bacon
2/3 tin beans
fried mushrooms+ tomatoes


Snack


2x Coffee w/ dash skimmed milk (1)
Mini cake tester (2)


Dinner


Baked Bean lasagna
Bistro salad 
Tomatoes


2-3 spoons syn free lemon curd


Coffee w/50ml milk


Supper


Apple
2x satsuma
vanilla muller light
lemon curd


cranberry hifi bar


Ok so if you don't know what is what:


Green= superfree food
Black= free food
Pink= Healthy extras
Blue= Syns


I always have at least 1/3 of my meal superfree- so I may not have put the exact amount in- but like with dinner- half my plate, if not a bit more, was salad and tomatoes- and that doesn't include the superfree in the actual lasagna!


So a breakdown of healthy extras and syns


HEA- Milk (measured out)
HEB- hifi bar
Syns- 6


The tester cake I had was a rice krispie cake thing. It was only tiny- and I feel I am over synning it- but better be safe than sorry!


You may have noticed that I have not quite had a full HEA of milk- but I'm going to have a cuppa before bed with measured milk and the rest I'll just drink on it's own.


I'm still stuffed!


Now- I can't mention stuff like syn free lemon curd and baked bean lasagna and not post the recipe, can I? No- so here, have some recipes!


Baked Bean Lasagna


Syn free on EE


2 tins baked beans
1 carton passata
1 large onion (diced)
2 large mushrooms (diced)
lasagna sheets (I needed 6)
tobasco sauce
Worcestershire sauce
garlic granules, mixed herbs, black pepper (to taste)


1 large tub syn free cottage cheese


1) Fry mushrooms and onions in large pan
2) Add beans, passata and all herbs/sauces to taste. Personally I used quite a bit of Worcestershire sauce because I love the stuff! Simmer until thickened a bit.
3) Layer some of the mixture into a flat dish.
4) Add a layer of lasagna sheets (about 3 sheets due to the size of my dish)

5) repeat steps 3+4
6) add a final layer of mixture.
7) Put cottage cheese in mixing bowl and beat until smooth, add herbs to taste.
8) Spoon on top of mixture
9) Place in the oven on gas mark 6 for 20-25 mins


I would recommend using a knife and cutting it a bit before trying to serve up- it got rather messy for me- but it still tasted amazing!


A lot of people just put cheese (HEA or syns) on the top instead of cottage cheese- but I was being stingy! And had already had milk for part of my HEA


It's rather filling in my opinion so I recommend only having salad with it. I usually eat tonnes but I managed about a quarter of this! More for me tomorrow for lunch or dinner!


Ok and on to the lemon curd!!! Seriously this is amazing stuff- gorgeous and I can't wait to make it again!


You need:


2x large eggs
1x large lemon (rind and juice)
3-4 tablespoons sweetener (depending on your taste)
2x tablespoons quark


Whisk eggs in mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, rind and sweetener and mix well.
Boil a pan of water and place bowl over it. whisk until mixture is thickened.
Take pan off the heat and mix in quark. You may need more sweetener just taste it and see what you think.
Put in a jar (we plan on using a jam jar we have next time) and leave to cool in the fridge.


It's amazing- tangy and sweet and totally free! Great to have with maybe ice cream or as a filling for 1/2 syn cake!


Ok this was only going to be a short one but it's taken me ages to type it up. I must finish doing the dishes and head to bed with my cuppa!


Today has been good- been busy, only had 6 syns and am stuffed! Going to continue my good streak as I really want to lose that last 4.5lb this week to get to target!!!!!


Now, time to get off here.
Hopefully another food diary to follow! 

Much Love,

Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment